21-year old woman kidnapped in North Port

This is a discussion on 21-year old woman kidnapped in North Port within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sad story that started Thursday night just south of here. A 21-yr old woman was apparently kidnapped from her home in North Port Thursday afternoon. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 21-year old woman kidnapped in North Port

21-year old woman kidnapped in North Port

Sad story that started Thursday night just south of here. A 21-yr old woman was apparently kidnapped from her home in North Port Thursday afternoon. Her husband got home that afternoon to find her missing and their two young kids home alone. They've arrested the kidnapper and have been holding massive searches since that night.

Just another reason for the wife and I to continue talking about different scenarios, especially if she is home by herself, especially about keeping everything locked and not answering the door unless she is expecting someone. So far it looks like this was a totally random attack/kidnapping which is just horrible.

Bradenton.com | 01/19/2008 | Police search Manatee for missing mom
    Denise Amber Lee, 21, has been known to be missing since her husband came home about 3:30 p.m. Thursday to find the stay-at-home wasn't there. Her belongings - purse, keys, cell phone and car - were still at the house. Their children, ages 2 and 6 months, were home unattended.

Lt. Kevin Sullivan, a detective with the North Port Police Department who is investigating the case, declined to say what led authorities to search in Manatee, but did confirm that the parents of the main suspect in the case live here.

Michael Lee King, 37, was arrested about 9:15 p.m. Thursday when he was pulled over by a Florida Highway Patrol trooper looking for him because a cell phone call to 911 Lee placed about 6 p.m. was traced to King's phone.
    Even worse.....looks like they may have found her. Prayers go out to the family. Her father is a Charlotte County Sheriff deputy.

Police find body of unidentified white female
    NORTH PORT -- The search for Denise Amber Lee was called off Saturday after the body of an unidentified woman was found in a grave in an undeveloped area of North Port.

The body was found buried amid dense palmetto bushes near I-75 and Toledo Blade after a massive search, Chief Terry Lewis said during a news conference Saturday.

Lewis emphasized that medical examiners had not identified the woman. But he later made it clear that officers believe the body is that of the 21-year-old mother of two young children.

"This isn't the way we as a team wanted to bring her home," he said.

Nearly 300 officers and volunteers had been searching for the mother of two young children since she disappeared from her home Thursday afternoon. Lee is the daughter of Charlotte County Sheriff''s Lt. Richard Goff.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

That's sick and I feel for the family.

I think we should start using the "guillotine" for swift executions of convicted murderers in this country. You take a life, you forfeit your life.
    Make an impression that this will no longer be tolerated.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

VIP Member
    Dreadful, and a story occurring more frequently it seems. We have stories like this, and stories of the families of the Virginia Tech victims demanding more gun control in Virginia. One of the many "great divides" in our country these days is between those of us who realize that only we ourselves can ultimately be responsible for our own safety and those who believe that only state action is legitimate. I fear our group is still the smaller by a large margin.

Prayers for the family, and I hope those who did this horrible thing receive swift justice.

Yeah, that's just South of me too. About a 15 minute drive or so. It's really sad to see people abducted and hurt. In my household we refer to her as the Pretty White Woman of the Month (PWWM) because the national (or local) news doesn't seem to care about anyone else getting abducted or killed. Surely there are men and minorities that are also killed or kidnapped, but they never make the news. Another reason not to watch the news!

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

sad story, my prayers go out to the family. that just makes me sick to
    hear horrible things like that. amen to avoid the news,but than again
    you almost have to to see where these things are happening.(another
    state,your own city,neiborhood etc. sad but true.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Very sad outcome...but something just makes me think there is more to this story, especially since they caught the kidnapper so quickly.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    Very sad outcome...but something just makes me think there is more to this story, especially since they caught the kidnapper so quickly.

Rick
    Well they really lucked out in being able to catch the guy that quick.

Apparently at some point after he kidnapped the woman the guy went over to, I think, a family member's house asking to borrow a gas can and shovel, saying his lawnmower was stuck in a ditch. The family member/friend gave him the stuff and as he was driving the person supposedly noticed a woman tied up in the back of the car, got suspicious and called 911 and reported it. And at some point I think the woman called 911 from the kidnappers cell phone and they were able to find the car and the guy that night.

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    That's sick and I feel for the family.

I think we should start using the "guillotine" for swift executions of convicted murderers in this country. You take a life, you forfeit your life.
    Make an impression that this will no longer be tolerated.

Not I...It's too fast and probably too painless.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    i was thinking the same thing..
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Let me quickly explain my reasoning for proposing the 'guilotine' for executions.

We used to use the 'electric chair' for executions in the US till people started complaing that it was 'cruel and unusual'. The person being executed was suffering too much. [sniffle, sniffle]

The remedy was to start using 'lethal injections' for the executions. This was considered to be more 'humane' but recently, because some of those that were being executed 'sufferred' during the executions, the case is being taken to the supreme court on whether or not 'lethal injection' is 'cruel & unusual'. Personally I think this is a load of cr*p. I personally feel more for the 'victim' that the person that was killed and how much they suffered.
    Sad to say though, I think there are some on SCOTUS, in deciding on this case, will give more weight to foreign law and foreign opinion than they will to U.S. Constitutional law and the feelings of the victims that have been murdered.

My solution would be to give the convicted killers 3 choices.
    They would be able to choose as to how they are to be executed from the following:
    1) Lethal Injection, or
    2) Guillotine, or
    3) To be executed in the same manner in which they are convicted of killing their victim, (i.e., if they bludgeoned their victim with a hammer than they would be executed by bludgeon force with a hammer, etc).

Personally, I have no sympathy for the convicted killer who raped and murdered or who killed a family of five and don't care how much they suffer. What I think is more important though is that they pay for their actions. The victims family would have closure, to whatever extent possible for them. I do not think society should have to pay for them to be incarcerated for 30 or 40 years.
    The main reason I propose the 'guillotine' is that it would be swift and painless but at the same time, just imaging the 'shock' value that would be attributed to it.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

I say let the family of the victim decide the penalty.

We had a rather gruesome kidnapping and murder in one of the small eastern towns a while back. The Sheriff eventually got the suspect to take them to the grave site by telling him "Well, since we don't have a body, we really can not hold you any longer. Let me put a call in to the towns (where the victim lived) Mayor and let them know that we will be dropping you off there, and we'll get going. Sorry for the inconvenience."

Now this town is a small farming community with a population of maybe 1000, and all of them knew the victim. The suspect knew he would not last 5 minutes after the sheriff dropped him off.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Family is going to sue the county/sheriff.

The family of Denise Amber Lee plans to sue | WINK News - Southwest Florida | Local & Florida

By WINK News

Story Created: Apr 10, 2008 at 1:45 PM EDT

Story Updated: Apr 10, 2008 at 5:30 PM EDT
    CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - The case of a murdered North Port mother continues as the family of Denise Amber Lee says they will sue.

WINK News has been told the family plans to sue Charlotte County.

They say the county botched a 911 call from a witness that could have helped save her life.

Lee was kidnapped and murdered.

That is awful..wondering how he abducted her? Looks like a random, door to door asking for "help"
    King’s cousin, Harold Muxlow, was the witness who said he heard a woman cry for help when King stopped at his house Thursday afternoon to borrow a shovel, a gas can and a flashlight, saying his lawn mower was stuck in a ditch.
    Women, Don't answer the door, talk through a window for crying out loud!

This is certainly sad news. I feel terrible for this young family. This vicious thug-dirtbag deserves nothing less than a painful death...

Listening to and reading about these stories that take place ALL AROUND us, has to make people wake up and decide to get into condition 'yellow'...ALWAYS...it has certainly helped my wife gain a new perspective.

Stay armed...stay in yellow...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links