Targeting the Elderly

This is a discussion on Targeting the Elderly within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; SAGINAW, Mich. -- Two teens have been charged in the carjacking and assault of an 84-year-old Saginaw man, and two 68-year-old women. The victims were ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Targeting the Elderly

Targeting the Elderly

SAGINAW, Mich. -- Two teens have been charged in the carjacking and assault of an 84-year-old Saginaw man, and two 68-year-old women.

The victims were knocked down and robbed of their wallets, purses and car keys.

Travis Crowley, 17, and Gregory Crowley, 14, have been charged in multiple count warrants and as adults.

Police said it appeared they were targeting older victims.

Detectives said both teens admitted their involvement in another carjacking of an 86-year-old Saginaw man last week as well.

The two suspects, who were arraigned Monday, will be back in court later this month.

2. Remove Ads

Punishment ought to be the square of the difference between their ages and the victims age. Or turn them loose in the "general population" labeled as "child molesters".....LOL
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Animals. It's amazing how these budding sociopaths act like animals. Targeting the weak. I bet they grow up to be better criminals after going to jail.

Presuming they get charged as adults, and not set free with sealed records when they turn 21
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Just another reason Icarry all the time. The older I get the more I look like a target. 17 and 14 year olds are just as dangerous as older men. I am not above defending myself regardless pf the age of the attacker.

I think in Connecticut the penalties increase if the victim is over 60.

throw the book at them,its apparent that this isnt the first
    time they have done this and had they not been caught,
    they be out there doing it again,its a shame they haveto
    target the elderly and weak,try picking on someone your
    own size for a change.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Ron
    All the more reason to carry as a "senior citizen." Just make sure you get proper training from a competent instructor and practice on a regular basis.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

As an official member of the "Old Geezer" association. I have long been aware of the propensity for thugs to target senior Citizens and/or handicapped. This just reenforced my decion to CCW.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

Assistant Administrator
    Raevan says what I say ....... in as much as teen punks are every bit as potentially dangerous or even more so, and most are cowards who want easy pickings.

Despite our age appearance however I don't think we need be seen as obvious victims, just because of that. If we are alert and carry ourselves right then I think most observers victim-hunting could well move on to easier targets.

Certainly tho as I age and am less physically able for efficient defence - the more I relish my option of being armed as a possible equalizer altho very much choosing to never have to put it to defensive use, ever.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I have noticed that the older I get the less reason I have to go to certain areas of the city. It is true that there are some good stores in bad parts of town, but I am always able to find similar places in better parts of town. Still there was the case right before I retired that an old man was beaten with sticks by a gang of juviniles right in front of the new Cop Shop. It pays to be aware at all times.

For most--Too soon old and too late smart. Wisdom doesnt automaticly come with age, but it sure helps. Now, where did I leave my pistol???

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by tegemu View Post
    As an official member of the "Old Geezer" association. I have long been aware of the propensity for thugs to target senior Citizens and/or handicapped. This just reenforced my decion to CCW.
    As a Naval E8.....does that make you a Senior Chief Citizen?

back on topic: I hope they get nailed to wall. Thoes "kids" are the worst kind of predator and they started early. Glad they were caught early.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

This incident occurred at the public library branch about 1 mile from my house. Not the best part of town, nor the worst by far. Although the line between best and worst is certainly being increasingly blurred in this area.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glock27mark View Post
    It's a shame they have to
    target the elderly and weak,try picking on someone your
    own size for a change.
    "Criminals are looking for victims not opponents."

I'm glad all of you seniors are carrying. My dad is in his late sixties, and he has his carry permit. It saved his life once. He had to pull his weapon and fire a shot in between a potential attackers feet. The would be perp fled, post haste! Just rermember to drink your ensure, you don't want to fire, fall, and break a hip. (sorry I couldn't resist)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links