One Home Intruder Shot In The Head - The Other Arrested

This is a discussion on One Home Intruder Shot In The Head - The Other Arrested within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Wilkes-Barre and Northeastern PA News from the Associated Press | timesleader.com - The Times Leader A Beaver County man shot an apparent burglar in the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One Home Intruder Shot In The Head - The Other Arrested

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Wilkes-Barre and Northeastern PA News from the Associated Press | timesleader.com - The Times Leader

A Beaver County man shot an apparent burglar in the head after finding him prowling in his bedroom.

Police say 23-year-old Keith McCue shot Gary Brooks as he fled down the steps of the house.

Police say 26-year-old Brooks and an accomplice, 41-year-old Kelvin Raines, broke into the McCue house by kicking in the front door. They took a rifle from the living room and headed upstairs.

McCue was alerted by his dogs' barking. He shot Brooks with a handgun he keeps by his bed.

Police say McCue's actions were just.

Raines is in Beaver County Jail facing burglary charges. Police say Brooks will face similar charges if he recovers. Brooks is being treated in a Pittsburgh hospital.
    Nice shooting on the homeowners part, but not a good idea to leave a rifle in the living room that could be used against you.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

one less bg in the world. and one less bg on the street. not bad.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Hope there isnt a problem for the home owner if the family sues him for shooting a fleeing suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    Hope there isnt a problem for the home owner if the family sues him for shooting a fleeing suspect.
    I didn't read anything about a fleeing suspect... ?
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    Wilkes-Barre and Northeastern PA News from the Associated Press | timesleader.com - The Times Leader

Nice shooting on the homeowners part, but not a good idea to leave a rifle in the living room that could be used against you.
    A good friend of mine has a mauser on the wall in his living room. It has two bells on it (well hidden), and serves as his secondary warning device.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

OOOHHHH YYEEAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!! He wasn't fleeing, just going to check out the garage and the guy "anchored" his thieving carcass so the police could talk to him!! LOVE IT!!!!

Another robbery gone good!!
    "It does not take a majority to prevail,,,,,,but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

Police say 23-year-old Keith McCue shot Gary Brooks as he fled down the steps of the house.
    I could be wrong, but I read that particular sentence as the suspect was fleeing...

Good Shooting; And who ever said a handgun was a bad choice for self defense??
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    ... Brooks will face similar charges if he recovers.
    I like that sentence. We should add it to The Bad Guys Manual for Home Invasion

Leaving rifles around casually doesn't seem like a smart idea to me for a number of reasons. Glad our homeowner wasn't hurt.

"a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    I could be wrong, but I read that particular sentence as the suspect was fleeing...
    Lacks the details necessary to confirm what happened.

Where was he fleeing to? Was it toward the shooter?

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Possibly the BG was fleeing downstairs to the 1st floor of the house.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Senior Member Array Natureboypkr's Avatar
    i guess the BG will be able to have an open mind considering the hole in his head
    Mixed Martial Arts Record= 2-0.......Kyokushin Karate Record=5-0

USMC.....helping enemies of America die for their countries since 1775

Possibly the BG was fleeing downstairs to the 1st floor of the house.
    Possible. Even chance that a prosecutor with an agenda could make trouble for the homeowner.

Fleeing ...

I read several articles on this from the local paper where it happened. (It's close to my hometown.) Seems the two BGs inadvertently woke the homeowners in bed. Hubby had a gun, and BGs started to flee, but allegedly were yelling threats of vengeance for running them off. Armed hubby, fearing for his wife, child, and unborn child, defended his castle against the fleeing BGs (who were promising to return).

Sounds like the police made a good call. Lots more common sense there than from the Beaver Co. sheriff who wouldn't issue me a carry permit until he learned I was a reporter ...

i wonder if he was aiming for the head or the bullet just ended up in the head?
    i wouldn't be trying any fancy shots in this situation.
    i know i would have shot center of mass, to make sure i didn't miss my shot.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links