Two men hospitalized after home invasion.

This is a discussion on Two men hospitalized after home invasion. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is the second home invasion that we have had in the last couple of days. Why they haven't been arrested yet, I have no ...

Thread: Two men hospitalized after home invasion.

This is the second home invasion that we have had in the last couple of days.
    Why they haven't been arrested yet, I have no idea

A Fountain (Colorado) man who awoke to the voices of robbers in his home Sunday night shot both men before they fled with an iPod, police said.

The two men suspected in the attempted armed robbery were at Memorial Hospital on Monday where they had gone for treatment of gunshot wounds, Fountain police spokesman Sgt. Jess Freeman said.

No arrests had been made as of Monday night, and investigators had not released the names of the suspects.
    “Chances are they will be (ar- rested),” Freeman said, but did not say when.

Cody Buckler, 19, said he was asleep at his house at 2144 Fountain Mesa Road when he heard voices in the living room shortly before 11 p.m.

Buckler said he overheard someone telling a child in the house that he was a police officer. Buckler said he crept down the hall and saw two men wearing masks, gloves and hats. He said he went back to his bedroom and grabbed his 12-gauge shotgun.

Buckler said he returned to the living room and saw one of the men at the front door carrying out his flat-screen television. Buckler shot at the man and hit his arm, and the man fled out the door.

Buckler said he saw another man coming up the stairs and shot at him. That man ran back downstairs and escaped out a basement window, Buckler said.
    “I just didn’t hesitate,” Buckler said.
    Buckler said he didn’t know the men.
    Both men were armed with semiautomatic handguns, Fountain police said.

“I’ve never had anybody do this to me before,” said Buckler, who’s lived in the house for a little more than a year.

Buckler lives with his girlfriend, her young daughter and her brother and sister, and he wanted to protect them, he said.

Shortly after the incident, Fountain police issued a bulletin asking hospitals to be on the lookout for men with shotgun wounds.

By 5 a.m., both suspects had checked into Memorial Hospital, which notified Fountain police, Freeman said.

Freeman said the man shot in the arm had surgery. Freeman said that he didn’t know the extent of the other man’s injuries, but that he did not need surgery.

Fountain police don’t plan to pursue charges against Buckler at this point, Freeman said.

Colorado’s “Make My Day” law allows residents to use deadly force to protect themselves from intruders.

oh,theywill be arrested,i bet 5 bucks on that on.from the hospital
    to the county jail once there discharged.id be very surprised and upset
    if they werent.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    And then they'll post bond and go back to being scumbags. Too bad the gene pool wasn't positively affected by the shooting. Here it is again. Media posts the victim's address. Why not start posting where the BG's live???? "Mr. IQ11 was shot by a homeowner during a botched robbery. He lives at 123 Dumas Lane and is expected out of surgery later today...." I'd get PPV to watch THAT news story!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by glock27mark View Post
    oh,theywill be arrested,i bet 5 bucks on that on.from the hospital
    to the county jail once there discharged.id be very surprised and upset
    if they werent.
    it looks like they were discharged from hospital fairly quick.i dont understand why they werent arrested right after the hospital called the police.
    i don't understand why the wounds of the second BG shot were so light when he was shot w/a 12 gauge shotgun coming up the stairs.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

VIP Member
    Maybe the homeowner is one of those that believes birdshot is an adequate home defense round? Rock salt?

So much for the instant and utter lethality of the 12 gauge - ammo selection and (above all) shot placement are still paramount.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

bg discharged from hospital????

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    it looks like they were discharged from hospital fairly quick.i dont understand why they werent arrested right after the hospital called the police.
    i don't understand why the wounds of the second BG shot were so light when he was shot w/a 12 gauge shotgun coming up the stairs.
    discharged from hospital . something dosent sound right there.
    i wonder if they made a breck for it when they got a chance.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    They were not arrested until after the hospital for a very good reason... money. If they arrested right away, the city/county would be liable for medical expenses while in their custody. I can promise that they had a holder placed on them, and a couple of officers where standing by in case they did try and scoot. I also didnt see any mention of being discharged from the hospital... do you have a different article about this event?

Quote Originally Posted by glock27mark View Post
    discharged from hospital . something dosent sound right there.
    i wonder if they made a breck for it when they got a chance.
    Did you want the hospital to keep them forever?

Gee, I wonder why they didnt just take off running when they heard the shotgun cycling? I am willing to bet that he made only partial hits, it doesnt really matter what load was used.
    "Just blame Sixto"

OPFOR-
    So much for the instant and utter lethality of the 12 gauge - ammo selection and (above all) shot placement are still paramount.
    I so agree, about 25 years ago a buddy and I did a lot of backyard ballistics tests; we got 3 motorcycle jackets from the Goodwill to do some buckshot testing. I was a fan of #4 due to the pellet count but had heard some things about poor penetration at anything over 15-20 yards. We wrapped the jackets around a 75# block of warm duct seal and blasted away, well the #4 failed to reliably penetrate the jackets at anything over 15 yards. Today my HD shotgun is loaded with 000.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Thanks F350! I've had #4 in the tube for a few years. I used to have 000 but then a zone partner convinced me that would go right through drywall. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. I'm going back to 000. I need to at least penetrate the BG's clothing!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Haven't done any tests first hand, but I've read some studies that suggested #1 buck was good for home defense. Penetrates well, but not a wall ventilator. That's whats in my 870P.

Perp #2 came upstairs to see why Perp #1 fired his weapon I'll bet.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

Links