Man Attacked With Hammer, Killed

This is a discussion on Man Attacked With Hammer, Killed within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man Attacked With Hammer, Killed - News Story - WSB Atlanta COBB COUNTY, Ga. -- Dennis Freeman, 36, and his wife should be celebrating their ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man Attacked With Hammer, Killed

Man Attacked With Hammer, Killed

Man Attacked With Hammer, Killed - News Story - WSB Atlanta

COBB COUNTY, Ga. -- Dennis Freeman, 36, and his wife should be celebrating their 11th wedding anniversary today and his wife’s birthday, but instead the Freeman family is mourning Dennis’ death.

“She’s really distraught, she’s in bad shape,” said the victim’s brother, Michael Freeman.

Police said Freeman was bludgeoned and murdered at a firewood lot where he worked Friday night.

“He was just working day by day, trying to save some money and, you know, do everything that every other family does to pay their bills and support his family,” said Michael.

Freeman said the suspect, Roger Brown, was urinating near a dumpster near the lot. The owner told Brown to stop. “It was his lot, his wife and kids were standing right there. He didn’t want him to be doing that in front of his kids,” explained Freeman.

Witnesses said Brown walked away and then came back a few minutes later with a hammer. Officials said Brown hit Freeman over the head and killed him.

“It would take a very demon-istic person to do something like that to such a good person over nothing,” said Freeman.

Michael Freeman said his brother had no insurance and hadn’t been able to get it after surviving a battle with cancer 12 years ago. Freeman was his family’s sole source of support and now his wife and stepson will have to go without him.

“He was just an outstanding person. One of the best brothers someone could ever have,” said Michael.

Brown is charged with felony murder and aggravated assault. Police said he has a criminal record.

2. Remove Ads

That is really sad.

I can't say anything else now that I won't regret later.

Easy access to hammers is why this happens, we need some kind of hammer registry and sensible legislation, that will put an end to this...

Quote Originally Posted by MD_Willington View Post
    Easy access to hammers is why this happens, we need some kind of hammer registry and sensible legislation, that will put an end to this...
    That, and close the tool-show loophole.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Will we need a separate license for ball peen or claw hammer?

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Kan't spelll

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    That, and close the tool-show loophole.
    Further we need a registry of all hammer buyers, a NICS background check, and hammers maybe bought and transferred only through the use of certified FHL (Federal Hammer License) holders.
    Oh, and a state license to possess a hammer is required as well.

Oh, and there will be a new requirement of all businesses to install publicly accessible portable urinals.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Administrator
    It doesn't take too much provocation for some sicko to be willing to collapse your skull in with a hammer.

Hey...anytime you confront anybody over any issue these days & even if you believe that it's a really minor thing...be extra aware of the fact that they could possibly react in a totally irrational manner.

Here is an "ill cookie" that was willing to toss his entire life away and commit violent murder because somebody told him not to pee in public.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

And do a DNA test on all handles to be sure they aren't made of endangered, threatened, or protected species of wood. All handles that have been tested will receive a micro stamped serial number, recorded in triplicate and in the National Registry of Accepted Handles. All handles must retain their original shape, may not be shortened or altered in any way; such alteration being a violation of Federal law, punishable by a $10,000.00 fine and ten years in a Federal prison.
    Persons found in possession of an altered handle will be subject to persecution, prosecution, prostitution and will be hot branded with a large H on their foreheads for easier observation by all law enforcement agencies in the future.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail,,,,,,but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

Administrator
    I'm going down to Sears when they open and buy as many hammers as I can before the demoncraps get in office.
    "Just blame Sixto"

i hope this roger brown creep spends the rest of his life in prison. preferably one w/hard labor.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'm going down to Sears when they open and buy as many hammers as I can before the demoncraps get in office.
    Don't forget to apply for your concealed hammer license. Before you know it, only those that were grandfathered in will have them.

What a sad story.

Worthy of note: The hammer and other blunt objects are not an unusual assault weapon... I have been pouring over the 2005 stats (FBI/BJS) since they came out... blunt objects are used to cause serious injury more than edged, guns.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

im at a lose for words, my prayers go out to that poor family.
    (SHERIFF BUFORD T. JUSTICE) "what the hell is
    the world coming too"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U.S. ARMY FT.SILL, OKLA.

VIP Member
    I was turned down at my hardware store this week. The man said I was making a "straw" purchase. I said "No I am buying a hammer!". He said "No, it is a straw purchase and you're buying it for somebody else!", and I said "No, it's a hammer for me.....

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I thought there was a "one hammer per month" law.

Steve
    Nill illigitimi carborundum
    -----------------------------
    Captain von Trapp: If the Nazis take over Austria, I have no doubt, Herr Zeller, that you will be the entire trumpet section.
    Herr Zeller: You flatter me, Captain.
    Captain von Trapp: Oh, how clumsy of me - I meant to accuse you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links