'I'm not the murderer they make me out to be'

This is a discussion on 'I'm not the murderer they make me out to be' within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; OK, throw in the studies on teen pregnancies, teen alcoholism, teen gangs, teen "Hard" drug use (meth, cocaine, ecstasy) EDIT - Oops I forgot, broken ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 'I'm not the murderer they make me out to be'

OK, throw in the studies on teen pregnancies, teen alcoholism, teen gangs, teen "Hard" drug use (meth, cocaine, ecstasy) EDIT - Oops I forgot, broken familiesand I will consider that study by "who?"

How do you equate technology innovation from a country making it a worthy place.

Amsterdam's business roots go deep. It was the city that boasted the world’s first multinational corporation, the Dutch East India Company, and in recent years this ahead-of-the-curve business savvy is still evident. Founded as a fishing village, the city enjoys a flourishing economy bolstered by industries such as international trading, banking and financial services, and tourism. While The Hague ("Den Haag") is the Netherlands’ administrative capital, it is Amsterdam that is the country’s beating heart and de facto business center. Much of this is due to the city’s speedy embrace of high-tech facilities, easy telecommunications, bountiful conference options, extensive shopping and cultural amenities, and multilingual locals.
    For a immoral sinning city (my bad, you wanted a country), the people on average speak 4 languages FLUENTLY! We are being forced to learn Spanish, and are very resistant to it.

Humans make things good and bad. God did not give us the right to guns, the founding fathers of this country (consisting of persecuted religious believers and criminals - yup the Americas had several prison colonies, just like Australia) gave us that right.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    Oh, I agree with you - legalize it all but regulate the sale and distribution, and let Darwin sort 'em out. If people want to ruin their lives, let them - but don't make me pay for their rehab, incarceration, or funeral. I guess that's just the heartless libertarian in me speaking out.
    Ironic and convoluted as it may seem, the "War on Drugs" is the liberal mindset (Nanny will tell you what you should/shouldn't do. Don't you worry your little mind with silly things like personal responsibility!), whereas the "Decriminalize It" mentality is actually the conservative approach. You have the Constitutional right to be an idiot, but you're also held responsible for your actions.

The only thing the "War on Drugs" has accomplished is to siphon off public funds while rewarding the most ruthless druglords with unbelievable wealth. Very much like Prohibition rewarded the Bootleggers. And like with Prohibition, the repeal of the drug laws would take society a couple years to "normalise" but would survive.
    I'll stop now, before I get momentum....

Stay safe,

Chuck Brick.
    Why do I use 230 gr. for my .45acp?
    Because I can't find a source of 250 gr!
    http://chucksrantings.blogspot.com/

It's a damn shame a cop lost his life like this. Without knowing all the facts, it also seems like a damn shame another person will have his life ruined for defending himself against what he thought were burglers. A lose-lose, stupid situation all around.

I'm also in the camp that thinks pot should be legalized and dealt with in the same way alcohol is.

I'm sure everybody has seen the t-shirt "instant idiot, just add alcohol". I've seen it happen in person too many times to count. On the other hand, I've never seen a pot smoker get violent or even consider robbing anybody to get his next joint.

If we legalized pot and taxed it's sale, we could increase the money and manpower to have a better chance of reducing the use of the really dangerous drugs like meth.

Ron

VIP Member

What technology--mapping for one

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    A highly productive society with a thriving economy (based on sex and drugs.) A true model for the world and an environment every parent would want for their children.

Exactly what technology comes from Holland? Any?
    This conversation is rapidly devolving, but please all, pardon me for a moment while I defend The Dutch.

I was in Den Haag and Rotterdam on business last fall. First time over there. It is a very very impressive place.

Unlike many many many of our major cities, I felt no fear on the streets of Rotterdam at any time. Beautiful place. Really efficient train and transportation system.

In response to the question posed, one answer is mapping technology. Tom Tom and Garmin have just been through a hot bidding war to buy perhaps the best map technology available.

It is a mistake to think The Dutch economy is based on sex and drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Marijuana is not a narcotic. Does the statement also say anything about other illegal drugs?

Don't know-it's been awhile since I last bought a gun. Perhaps I'll submit to my addiction later this week and let you know.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links