I drew my weapon today - Page 4

I drew my weapon today

This is a discussion on I drew my weapon today within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by AZ Husker That Castle Doctrine kinda scares me. What if the old lady's angry with me and I go to jump in ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I drew my weapon today

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    That Castle Doctrine kinda scares me. What if the old lady's angry with me and I go to jump in the car. Can she plug me?
    Better be nice to her then.
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

Senior Moderator
    That Castle Doctrine kinda scares me. What if the old lady's angry with me and I go to jump in the car. Can she plug me?
    Nope - in Florida's (and I suspect everyone else's), there are exceptions for things like family and invited guests.

Now, if the Mrs. were really angry with you, and got an order or protection, and you hopped in the car, you'd be fair game.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    It's great that your employer backed you up..

The Castle D is not scary – scary is jumping into an angry old ladies car.
    Assuming you meant “the” car as her car.

if the road rager has your name(which i think sucks) .
    you should get his name and place a restraining order on him, just in case he wants to continue with this nonsense.
    you would be covered that way if he showed up at your house some night.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

I'm glad everything turned out ok for you. I just don't know what is wrong with some people. HE hit the cone and some how it's your fault? Then he wants to climb into your truck after you? What are people thinking? I bet he will think twice before pulling some crap like that again. Good job with calling the police first and getting the story straight with everyone!
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    you should get his name and place a restraining order on him, just in case he wants to continue with this nonsense.
    +1 I agree

This is a great idea...

The question.. If he does get a restraining order the road rager will get a copy of it and it might have his address on it?

I do not know, I have never seen a restraining order.

Quote Originally Posted by stormbringerr View Post
    Why the need to 'cover' yourself? Shouldn't you have the right to KILL him for being on your property since he DID ATTACK you two weeks ago???? Sounds like enough reason to me---especially in TEXAS!

Restraining orders (at least in NJ where I work, part of which is serving restraining orders) do not have the address of the person getting the restraining order.The order just states that the defendant is prohibited from plaintiff's home, place of employment, etc. I don't think other states would be very different. That being said, there are other ways to get addresses. I think the OP should definitely be more careful at home if his name was given out, but I don't think the guy will go there as he is probably too scared. OMO

Quote Originally Posted by target1911 View Post
    OH YEAH......Meeee tooooo

Tow Fee...................$75
    Box of 9mm.............$10
    Look on BGs face when he realized he could have Legally been shot
    ................................$$$$ PRICELESS

My boss couldnt help but laugh when he told me what the guy said when he called. "According to the Officer the laws have changed in TEXAS. Your driver is legal to carry in the truck and I (bg) could have been shot for opening his door." Per my boss the BG was using a very...I've just been educated...tone of voice and he realized how expencive that education could have been. My boss also said he also commented on how calm and collective I was during the whole thing.
    However he was so shaken that it took him 9 times to call 911 and get it right.
    You did well...Grasshopper...
    Change your signature?..."Ride safe, shoot hard?"

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Raider39a View Post
    well handled target1911, kudos! I hope that you taught this guy an important life lesson. why do people think that they can threaten you like that? I guess Texas has castle doctrine. I wish CT has such a thing. We could use it here.
    In my former state of CT, within your own home there is NO duty to retreat in the face of imminent grievous harm to you, your family, or those within the house.

Beyond that: if your case goes to court, what will be weighed is the "reasonable man" doctrine. In this case, the tow truck operator saw a man come to a screeching halt in the FAST LANE of a busy state road - clearly a dangerous move to that man as well as to others. Then the man tries to force his way into the tow truck in an aggressive manner. Both sides would present evidence, but the judge would charge the jury to consider what a "reasonable man" would do under those circumstances.

When I took LFI-1, part of the curriculum was designed to expose us to the potential harm that COULD be inflicted upon us as victims. Thus, our knowldge of what harm could befall us would shape our actions. Your defense attorney would ask in court, "knowing what you know, did you perceive that the man who parked his vehicle in the fast lane of a busy highway, who jumped out of his vehicle and ran up to your truck, who then proceeded to force his way into your vehicle - did you perceive that he might want to cause you harm?"

Not that I'd want to have to go thru that - but there have been some notable exonerations in CT that have followed those lines. But it would be good to get the Legislature working on a "stand your ground" law in the upcoming Silly Season. Contact Bob Crook at the Coalition of Connecticut Sportsmen - he's the best RKBA lobbyist in the state.

for the one that asked......the BGs age was mid 30s

I want to Thank EVERYONE for all of the positive replies. I was reluctant to post about it. The last time I posted on a different forum I was badly flamed for my reactions. I was approached from behind by a Pit Bull and I drew on him too. the funny thing is....the dog Instantly retreated....the BG had to be told 3 times before he shut my door. Figure that one out. (I can post a link to that thread....PM if interested)

Thanks to everyone for being "top shelf"
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

The first rule of gunfighting should be to know when the gunfight starts - being the last one to get the news certainly won't put the odds in your favor.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    You did well...Grasshopper...
    Change your signature?..."Ride safe, shoot hard?"

Stay armed...stay safe!

LOL....I LIKE THAT
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

The first rule of gunfighting should be to know when the gunfight starts - being the last one to get the news certainly won't put the odds in your favor.

I would pull on a pitbull, too, if it was advancing on me from behind. I don't see why you got flamed for something like that.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Administrator
    Well, this is the perfect example of why the statements such as (below) are full of beans.

"I'll only draw my firearm if I intend to shoot."
    ~ "I'll only draw my weapon if I'm going to use it."
    "If I take it out of the holster then it's going bang."

That would be because there are an incalculable number of times every year where the mere sight of a firearm will instantly terminate a potentially deadly encounter.

Every justified self-defense action that you take should be a reversible split second decision right up to the time when it's absolutely necessary for the sear to slip off of the hammer hooks.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links