I drew my weapon today

This is a discussion on I drew my weapon today within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by BerneyG I would pull on a pitbull, too, if it was advancing on me from behind. I don't see why you got ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I drew my weapon today

Quote Originally Posted by BerneyG View Post
    I would pull on a pitbull, too, if it was advancing on me from behind. I don't see why you got flamed for something like that.

I think some ppl just have to start contraversy. They are just not happy
    unless they are stiring up the contents of a babys diaper. I dont think its right to be that way when we are talking about self defense. It may cause someone to second guess their actions next time and get them killed because they hesitated.
    Its one thing to disagree with something and offer up your opinion but to down right talk down to someone because of their "self defense" actions is just WRONG.....with very few exceptions
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

The first rule of gunfighting should be to know when the gunfight starts - being the last one to get the news certainly won't put the odds in your favor.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    I think you handled that well. I seriously doubt that he will mess with you even though he knows who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin Cajun View Post
    I seriously doubt that he will mess with you even though he knows who you are.

Im not to worried about it either. I lust dont like the fact he has my First and Last name.
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

The first rule of gunfighting should be to know when the gunfight starts - being the last one to get the news certainly won't put the odds in your favor.

Nice job target1911. Guys like him dont learn though. Bet he's walkin around thinking how right he was and you were so wrong. He probably thinks you are the scarey man with a gun who overreacted! Without really thinking about his actions one bit. He's an idiot.
    "Remember the first rule of gunfighting..."have a gun""

Quote Originally Posted by Ipack View Post
    Nice job target1911. Guys like him dont learn though. Bet he's walkin around thinking how right he was and you were so wrong. He probably thinks you are the scarey man with a gun who overreacted! Without really thinking about his actions one bit. He's an idiot.
    According to my boss, When the guy called him, BGs tone of voice was totally......OMG, I could have LEGALLY been shot for just opening his door.......I believe he learned a lesson and realizes just how expensive that lesson could have been. The LEO that responded to his 911 call educated him well on how HE messed up and could have been shot for his actions. For the idiots sake, I hope so.
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Running over a traffic cone would do zero damage to a persons tire.- Janq
    Probably not, but, I did see an instance where a lady driving a Honda Accord drove over a cone, and it knocked the rear quarter panel loose. They are plastic and it broke the plastic where the screws go through.

Still, no excuse. Idiot should have received a ticket for blocking a lane of traffic, and barring that, one for aggravated stupidity.

Too many idiots are driving crazier than ever before, even up here. I don't understand it.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Senior Member Array Ragin Cajun's Avatar
    A lot of people pay NO respect to those on the side of the road. I spent 6 years as a firefighter in an area where we covered 60 miles of interstate. We had some really close calls where we had firefighters and police almost get hit by vehicles. One guy had a spine board get taken out of his hands from a passing car when he was pulling it off the truck.

I start a new job on monday. I can only HOPE that my new boss is as gun friendly as this last one.
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

Main thing is your ok, thanks for sharing with us so we can learn from it as well!

+1 on working on the side of the road and cars not giving you right of way. Retired firefighter here and I can't tell you the number of times people claimed they just didn't see the big red truck with the flashing red and white lights!

Jim B

Take care and good luck with your new profession :^)

What do you guys think about spraying the guy with OC at the moment he opened target's door?
    "...trying to get a long gun into play while someone is all over you like a monkey eating a cupcake is not very conducive to good survival techniques." ~Bark'n

The problem with that is I would then be spraying inside my truck and I would get hit with the spray too. THEN WHAT??? I wouldnt be able to drive away, breathe, or see to defend myself if for some reason things escalated from there.

I have a scar above my eye that stands as proof that a BG can very well come thru OC and cause harm. I sprayed him square in the face and it didnt do any good till I got a face full. Then it only helped the BG.

The ONLY reason I would EVER use OC again is to break up a fight/altercation that I happen to walk up on in progress-----that is due to the fact that I didnt see what/who started it therefor you dont know who the true BG is. You wouldnt want to shoot the wrong person.
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

Always make a report to the authorities! I know that it is time consuming and a hassle but you'll need the backup in case the potential offender tries to press charges. Any time you draw your weapon you need to anticipate future legal proceedings. I have a neighbor who had a minor altercation at a drive through. A punk was mad dogging him and my neighbor had words with him, but did not threaten him in any way, nor present his firearm. 20 miles down the road he was pulled over by a State Cop. The punk reported to the police that he threatened him with a gun. My neighbor was arrested, truck towed away and had to spend thousands to defend himself. Of course the charges were later dropped, but what a headache to clear his name! If this can happen to a person that didn't present a weapon, imagine what can happen to the person who does!

Armado,

my thinking on that was.....all 911 calls are recorded. I gave all of my info to the 911 op. The LEO later called me and didnt want anymore personal info. I think I will be ok this time but I do think you are correct about making a report and I will be doing that in the future. I do hope the need never comes around again.
    David

Ride hard and Shoot safe

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links