Man with CC Permit to the rescue @ Wmart

This is a discussion on Man with CC Permit to the rescue @ Wmart within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Found this on Glocktalk site and what I think is the original link too. Shooter likely saved woman’s life inside Wal Mart New coverage on ...

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

Found this on Glocktalk site and what I think is the original link too.

Shooter likely saved woman’s life inside Wal Mart
    New coverage on this from KQRE!

Posted: 8/26/2005 1:53:00 PM

Shooter likely saved woman’s life inside Wal Mart
    Source: KRQE News 13

ALBUQUERQUE -- A man attacking his ex-wife with a knife inside a southeast Albuquerque Wal Mart was shot and killed by a 72-year-old man Thursday evening.

It all happened around 5:30 p.m. at the store on San Mateo near Zuni. There was mayhem and confusion inside a southeast Albuquerque Wal Mart as employees and shoppers were sent fleeing by the sound of gunfire.

The victim in this case is 46-year old Joyce Cordova. She is in critical but stable condition at this time at UNM Hospital.

Albuquerque Police say Cordova had a long history of domestic violence with ex-husband Felix Vigil. A co-worker says Cordova was working in the deli was attacked by her ex-husband.

Vigil was shot to death by 72-year old Due Moore. Police won't say how many shots were fired, but some witnesses tell News 13 they heard at least three shots.

Police say Moore had a concealed carry license and is a well-known volunteer with APD's [note: must be Albuquerque Police Dept] cold case unit.

“It’s probably a very good thing he (Moore) was there,” says APD Sgt. Trish Hoffman. “Ms. Cordova may not be here today if it had not been for him.”

Police say there was a valid restraining order in place against the victim's ex-husband.

Police say Moore has been very cooperative and has not been charged with any crime.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aug 26, 7:11 AM EDT

N.M. Police Probe Homicide at Wal-Mart

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) -- One man was killed and a woman was injured Thursday during an apparent domestic dispute inside a Wal-Mart on the city's southeast side, the second time in less than a week that one of the retail giant's Western stores has been the scene of deadly violence.

Police spokeswoman Trish Hoffman said a witness told authorities that a man had been stabbing the woman inside the store when another man intervened and shot her attacker.

Hoffman said the stabbing appeared to stem from a domestic dispute. She did not know the relationship between the woman and the dead man, but friends of the woman told Albuquerque television stations that she had recently obtained a restraining order against her ex-husband.

"It looks like it's a possibility that the guy who shot the other man will be justified," Hoffman said. "From what witnesses are telling us, it corroborates his story that the male was stabbing the female and he intervened."

The woman, whose name was not immediately known, was taken to University of New Mexico Hospital where she was being treated for multiple stab wounds.

The man who was shot was pronounced dead at the scene. His name was not immediately released, nor was the name of the man accused of shooting him.

Witnesses told Albuquerque television stations that the gunshots shortly after 5 p.m. sent some people running as others hit the floor and crawled to safety.

Earlier this week, customers at a Wal-Mart in a Phoenix suburb also ran for their lives when a man opened fire and killed two store employees in the parking lot.

In that case, police accused 53-year-old Ed Liu of shooting 18-year-old Anthony Spangler and 36-year-old Patrick Graham on Tuesday. Both employees were collecting shopping carts at the time.

Authorities on Thursday released the 911 calls made during and after that shooting, with employees urging people to run for safety into the store and a woman driving away in terror.

"Get in here," one caller said to those outside while the shots were still being fired. "Now. Run."

Police said it didn't appear that Liu knew the Wal-Mart employees or that he had a grudge against the company. Court filings indicated Liu was mentally disturbed but gave no further details.

"I was right next to the shopping cart, where they do the shopping carts," one woman on the 911 tapes said, sounding as if she were on the verge of tears. "And I thought I heard firecrackers, so I looked over and there was this guy just shooting people. And I just put it in reverse and took off."
    Last edited by QKShooter; August 27th, 2005 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Add Actual Stories To Thread ~ Eliminate Links
    For God, Family and Country!

Lead Moderator
    Reserve PD shoots BG. Works for me. Glad he was around when needed.

Administrator

Thumbs up GREAT FIND & GREAT THREAD ArmyCop

Since sometimes the "links" tend to go ByeBye especially with the newspaper story type links...I just added them both here (in full) for the permanent forum record. Thanks for posting this thread.
    Real nice useful & refreshing thread.
    KUDOS...ArmyCop!

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    Since sometimes the "links" tend to go ByeBye especially with the newspaper story type links...I just added them both here (in full) for the permanent forum record. Thanks for posting this thread.
    Real nice useful & refreshing thread.
    KUDOS...ArmyCop!
    Sure, didn't think about that. Thanks for the mod...
    For God, Family and Country!

One for the good guys....
    Seventhsword

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Were they both in different papers or is one version written from a different slant by ArmyCop?
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Links