Robbers Steal 50 Guns In Brazen Heist In Calif.

This is a discussion on Robbers Steal 50 Guns In Brazen Heist In Calif. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As reported by KPIX: Robbers Steal 50 Guns In Brazen Heist In Calif. Authorities Search For Suspects, Weapons RIVERSIDE, Calif. (CBS) ― A four-man holdup ...

Thread: Robbers Steal 50 Guns In Brazen Heist In Calif.

As reported by KPIX:

Authorities Search For Suspects, Weapons

RIVERSIDE, Calif. (CBS) ― A four-man holdup crew was at large Tuesday after taking about 50 handguns from a gun store in Riverside, Calif. During the takeover robbery, customers and employees were also ordered to turn over their wallets during the robbery at Centerfire Firearms, according to Riverside police Sgt. Leon Phillips.

The suspects, with their faces concealed by masks, hoods, bandanas and sunglasses, stormed into the store and ordered customers and employees on the floor, he said.

None of the six people in the store was hurt, he said. "The suspects stole wallets from the customers and workers, and removed between 40-50 handguns from the display cases," Phillips said. "They fled the store very quickly."

CBS station KCBS-TV in Los Angeles said the getaway car was a dark-blue, 2004 or 2005 four-door Honda Accord with tinted windows, last seen headed south, witnesses told police. All four suspects were believed to be African Americans, police said.

The robbery bore similarities to a May holdup at another gun shop. Three armed men wearing hooded sweatshirts and facemasks robbed the gun shop just before closing time, taking several dozen pistols.

That May robbery had the hallmarks of a gang-related crime, a Riverside detective said.

The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of suspects in that holdup.

The story with video can be found at; cbs5.com - Robbers Steal 50 Guns In Brazen Heist In Calif.

- Janq

Note: This would be a tough situation to be caught in for a CCW.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post

That May robbery had the hallmarks of a gang-related crime, a Riverside detective said.

What ever would make him come to that conclusion?

Note: This would be a tough situation to be caught in for a CCW.
    Yes, very likely a no win situation.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    Just noticed, if you follow the link look under “Related Links” and you will find CBS News Interactive: Guns In America , pure unadulterated Bravo Serria. [/rant]

Perhaps they needed something to turn in at a "no questions asked" buy back.

VIP Member
    Wow, & I thought that BGs got all their guns by using the 'gun-show loophole'.....at least that's what the media has been saying the last few weeks...
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    this ought to be a good argument on how background checks, waiting periods, registration, and all that crap does nothing. I can argue the harder it is for a bad guy to get a gun, they more brazen their attempts will become.

I hope they took some child safety locks too...
    "a reminder that no law can replace personal responsibility" - Bill Clinton 2010.

Just another reason to ban gunshops!

wonder if the store owner/employees were of the few allowed to ccw.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    I recall a story where some Monstertard walked past a marked police car, into a gun shop, past a uniformed officer and fired a round into the ceiling and announced "this is a stick up. " The gun shop had the owner, the police officer and two patrons (armed, CCW). The autopsy found something like 18 bullets from four different guns. It sure wasn't in California - oh, I thought life in CA is wonderful and everyone holds hands and sings songs and nobody needs guns.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

I don't recall ever entering a gunshop in California, but one of the one's I entered in Washington State looked like an Platoon on a mission. With the counter lay out and the people working in certain areas, any nut cases attempting this would be cannon fodder.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sniper58 View Post
    I recall a story where some Monstertard walked past a marked police car, into a gun shop, past a uniformed officer and fired a round into the ceiling and announced "this is a stick up. " The gun shop had the owner, the police officer and two patrons (armed, CCW). The autopsy found something like 18 bullets from four different guns. It sure wasn't in California - oh, I thought life in CA is wonderful and everyone holds hands and sings songs and nobody needs guns.
    I can just picture it now...."you out of the gene pool"

Pretty brazen robbery. Wouldn't exactly work around here either. Are there some specific laws about CC in your business in CA?
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Sponsored Links