Cop on Cop gunfight..... - Page 2

Cop on Cop gunfight.....

This is a discussion on Cop on Cop gunfight..... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by SIXTO D.I's tend to be smart men, but I wonder if 5 to 10% of them have no business being D.I's I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    D.I's tend to be smart men, but I wonder if 5 to 10% of them have no business being D.I's
    I don't think its that high, but there are some who have no business being D.I's.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Mmmmmmmm...
    To protect and serve?

Someone is getting a long vacation.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Dont think that's a vacation I want.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    We had cop on cop last week. 1st officer(Mount Vernon) off-duty plain clothes sees perp go after inncocent person in strret. Officer starts to wrestle with prep gun falls to ground, wrestling for control of gun. 2 shots discharge. Regain control of fire arm.4 Mount Vernon roll onto sceen. Order subject(Mount Vernon Officer) to drop the gun 4 times. Subject turns towards 4 Westchester Officers and Officers discharge weapons killing the other officer.
    I know I'm armchair QB'ing, but this could have been prevented in more ways than one.
    A) Even if you're in the right and you're a cop...follow the orders of all the other ones pointing their arms at you!,
    B) They need to instill some sort of "Hey I'm a COP" code-word (like a go-code) that they announce every morning at roll-call or something for those in plain clothes or off duty etc....

I wish everyone in this one the best, because you know the other officers have got to be feeling real bad about it.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Administrator
    I dont think it mattered that both were LEO's. One decided he wanted to pinch hit for the other team that day...
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links