Would-be Robber Leaves Blood Trail To His House After Being Shot During Robbery

This is a discussion on Would-be Robber Leaves Blood Trail To His House After Being Shot During Robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Police Find Blood Trail From Store To Alleged Robber's Doorstep - Local News Story - WCAU | Philadelphia PHILADELPHIA -- It appears an armed robber ...

Thread: Would-be Robber Leaves Blood Trail To His House After Being Shot During Robbery

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Police Find Blood Trail From Store To Alleged Robber's Doorstep - Local News Story - WCAU | Philadelphia

PHILADELPHIA -- It appears an armed robber picked the wrong store to hold up. Police said it's the robber who wound up getting shot.

Images | Video

Authorities were were crediting cooperative witnesses, some good police work and also the store owner with nabbing the suspected robber.

"He said to me, 'Give me all your money. Give me all your money,'" robbery witness Angel Dia said.

But Dia said the armed robber who stormed Antonia's Grocery Sunday night got one heck of a surprise.

"The other guy, the owner, he got a gun, too," Dia said.

Dia said he was standing in the front of the store and the store's owner was behind the bulletproof glass when police allege that 19-year-old Donte Turner pointed a gun at Dia.

"My friend, he says, 'Back, all the way back,' and then the guy shot him," Dia said, pointing to his shoulder. "Then, the guy -- the gun, it fell down. He left it there and he went running."

"He was shot in the arm, so he dropped the gun and just took off?" NBC 10's Deanna Durante asked.

"Yes," Dia replied.

If the story ended there, Turner might still be on the run, according to police. But they said they got to Turner before they knew about the robbery.

"A 19-year-old by the name of Donte Turner showed up at Episcopal Hospital with a gunshot wound to the chest. He gave responding officers that were called by hospital officials the story that he was robbed by a male on the highway and it was a dispute over money," said Philadelphia police Lt. Frank Vanore.

Police said they received a second call, this one from Antonia's Grocery, saying two robbers had targeted the store and owner Juan Rosario thought he'd shot one of them.

"There was a trail of blood and a hat found on the highway, and also a semiautomatic handgun. And the blood led down the street onto North 3rd Street," Vanore said.

Police said the blood trail lead them from the store to the doorstep of Turner's house.

"The individual showed up as a victim and lied to police," Vanore said.

Both Dia and Rosario were back at the grocery store Monday. Rosario speaks very little English and didn't want to talk on camera, but his friend said the two have no problem being back at work, even though police said they are still looking for Turner's alleged accomplice.

Asked if he was scared, Dia said, "Who me? No."

Police said Turner -- who was still in the hospital being treated Monday night for a gunshot wound -- has been charged with attempted robbery, aggravated assault and gun counts.

Investigators said that they are still looking into both sides of the case, meaning the store owner with the gun as well as the alleged robbery. Police stressed that deadly force should only be used in the most extreme of circumstances -- when there is no way out, NBC 10's Deanna Durante reported.

Anyone with information about the case is asked to call Philadelphia police.
    Good on the store owner for being prepared for the worst, and for having the conviction to follow through.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Administrator
    Call Out The Blood Hounds!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Hooray for the store owner. Hopefully the police will quit wasting time looking into the store owner and spend more time keeping the thug(s) locked up.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

One for the good guys !!!

This just in...

Store Owner 2

Thugs 0

Final Score...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Robbery gone good....
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Always love a happy ending
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

But remember this store owner needs to have his firearm taken away according to Philly's city council.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Yes and the police still spout B.S about not getting into a shooting situation. Seems to me that if a thug points a gun at me it already is a shooting situation. One , my life has already been threatened tw3o. he gets the money and shoots me any way.
    Jack dog

Sponsored Links