Home Invasion Victims Fight Back

This is a discussion on Home Invasion Victims Fight Back within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Las Vegas Now - Breaking News, Local News, Weather, Traffic, Streaming Video, Classifieds, Blogs - Victims Fight Back in Home Invasion One robbery suspect is ...

Thread: Home Invasion Victims Fight Back

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Home Invasion Victims Fight Back

Las Vegas Now - Breaking News, Local News, Weather, Traffic, Streaming Video, Classifieds, Blogs - Victims Fight Back in Home Invasion

One robbery suspect is on the loose and another is in the hospital after four victims fought back.

Police say the four victims were barbecuing when two men with guns entered the home. One of the victims said he made a near-fatal mistake by leaving the garage door partially open. The victims, who do not want to be identified for safety reasons, say they ended up fighting for their lives and thought they might die.

"The look in their eyes, especially when they started beating us in the back of the heads with the guns. It was kind of like someone would torture a little animal and then joking about how they were going to love killing us," said one victim.

The men were pinned to the floor with shotguns. "It got ugly when they went back downstairs and decided to tell the women to undress their clothes," the victim added, "The girls were really crying and you could just tell that they were incredibly upset."

The victim told Eyewitness News that one of the suspects who was preparing to sexually assault the women turned his attention away from the guns and let down his guard.

The two male victims saw their opportunity.

"I grabbed him, threw him down on the ground, grabbed a weight from the weight set and smashed him in the head."

The women also joined in the fight, hitting the suspects with a frying pan.

"One of the girls completely nude managed to grab a gun and shoot the guy in the chest area and in the leg."

"She did what she had to do and I have to be thankful that she was able to do what she did and if she didn't I might not be able to give you this story right now."

The suspect who was shot has serious injuries and is in the hospital. The second suspect is on the run and as for the victims, they have minor injuries.

The police are very cautious not to make this seem like a heroic act. They say fighting back can sometimes end with the victims being more seriously hurt.
    The last sentence kills me. It seems like if the 4 vics did nothing they would end up dead (males) or raped and dead (females). Seems to me that fighting back was their only option.

Smashed upside the weigh with a steel weight, a frying pan, and then shot by one of the women you planned to rape/murder. Too bad the other one got away.

Yet another story where intruders gained entry to the house via the garage door.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

"The police are very cautious not to make this seem like a heroic act. They say fighting back can sometimes end with the victims being more seriously hurt"

Makes me wanna puke.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    So you let them rape,beat and pillage and do not fight back?Who are these 'police'?I doubt if all police would agree with that.Glad the people are OK.I think we all want to puke about the 'police' advice.Not cop bashing.Just makes me sick.

used in Las Vegas Before

Make sure when you leave for work that your garage door closes completely.
    Because a BG could wait until you drive off as the door is still closing - then quickly slides a 2 by 4 board under the door triggering the door sensors to open it back up.

This just in...

Vegas Victims 2

Vegas Scumbags 0

Final Score...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

[QUOTE=Sig 210;622249]"The police are very cautious not to make this seem like a heroic act. They say fighting back can sometimes end with the victims being more seriously hurt"

What do you bet the reporter asked the cops, "Don't you think it's dangerous to fight back?"

I can understand a chief or the local cop mouthpiece saying that, but not the line officers who have to "take the trash out" on a daily basis.

I read about an almost identical incident a few years ago, but the victms in that case didn't have the sense to try to fight back, and it got very ugly. Only one of them survived.

The Wichita Horror, the brutal murders by Jonathan and Reginald Carr -- The Crime Library - The Crime library

Good thing the victims in this incident didn't make the same mistake.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Quote Originally Posted by packin45 View Post
    I read about an almost identical incident a few years ago, but the victms in that case didn't have the sense to try to fight back, and it got very ugly. Only one of them survived.

The Wichita Horror, the brutal murders by Jonathan and Reginald Carr -- The Crime Library - The Crime library

Good thing the victims in this incident didn't make the same mistake.
    I read the entire incident of the Wichita Horror last year. Some of the images I saw in my mind when reading the details remain with me to this day. Perfect example of why doing everything the BG's demand doesn't guarantee you anything.

Oh, and the last two statements of the above Las Vegas article were obviously made by a moron. When will people learn that just because you comply with a BG doesnt mean you will come out okay? The brutality of the Wichita Horror seared that lesson into my mind forever. That's going to be required reading for my daughter before she leaves home. Evil abounds in this world, and burying your head doesn't change the facts.

Good job to those in Las Vegas who did what they had to do to survive.

The police are very cautious not to make this seem like a heroic act.
    Perseverence through a dangerous and deadly situation irrespective of the risks IS what makes such defense of your life heroic. Kudos to them (the non-sheep who, despite lack of support by their own police authorities, defended themselves as things went sideways).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Jeez, Louise.

It's more dangerous to be raped and killed than it is to fight? WTH? For whom?

I don't have the words....(and for me, that's rare indeed).
    Last edited by JD; May 2nd, 2008 at 10:19 PM.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I wrote the reporter since there was an E-mail address. I tried to stick to the facts, be civil, and avoid emotional rants.

"I am soooooooo glad the victims resisted. A huge "well done" to them all.

The facts are: The home has been invaded by armed felons that knew people were there. These are invaders that want victims. Some victims have been stripped, all are being held at gunpoint, the women are about to be raped, all will probably be killed, they see an opportunity to save themselves, and they take it. All of them. Good for them!!!

What moron would think they shouldn't fight back in this situation? What do they think was the better option? Why do they think being raped and killed (they already had at least one woman naked), would have been better than resisting? Do they think the assailants were going to suddenly have a change of heart, say they were sorry, and leave? Get real!

Yes, resisting, fighting back, was taking a chance, but it was taking a chance to live! A chance to avoid being at least raped, and probably murdered. There was no chance with out resisting. Why is tasking a chance on living not a good thing? Especially when a negative outcome is actually in progress?

Does the police spokesperson "really" think not resisting was going to be better in any way? Better how? Why does anyone want to "trust" armed home invaders? Why is not trying to save yourself and being raped and murdered better? Every rape and murder victim is proof that not resisting isn't better.

Exactly what is it about being a willing victim that is supposed to be so good? Where is the virtue in being a willing victim? If you can't answer that, you might ask the police spokesperson that question next time.

If criminals could count on resistance, if they "knew" their targets were not going to give up with out a fight, they would be a lot less likely to attack. Felons hate it when the victims shoot back or resist in any way.

Bottom line, why is the police department trying to make it easier for the criminals by advising we don't resist?

Fitch

This makes me sick, and the statement by the police makes me outraged. This kind of situation is exactly why I own weapons. Assuming everything went as smooth as possible and nobody was killed, the women would have still been raped while their husbands were helpless to stop it. You can't get much more 'seriously hurt' than that.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Links