Preface:
I was planning to attend this event to hear the woman talk but bailed at the literal last minute.
I'd planned to attend this as Mrs. Janq had alerted me she would be in town per a feature in the paper announcing as much on Monday; http://www.dailyhampshiregazette.com...fm?id_no=79002.
So I was prepped and ready to go but canceled at the last minute because the kids were acting up about going to bed.
Imagine my surprise to read the following toward what occurred at the event.
For the record I did not plan to carry arms that night to the event as it's unlawful to do so on college campuses without prior individual approval from the school administrator. I was though going to be carrying a knife on me though which is my norm if I don't have a firearm on me. Mrs. Janq upon seeing this in our local paper stated; "I'm glad you decided not to go.".
Nothing ever happens around here...uh huh, yeah riiiighhht.

---

As featured in my local paper the Daily Hampshire Gazette:

[ Originally published on: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 ]

Threat disrupts talk by former Black Panther
A lecture at Smith College was disrupted Monday night when an audience member allegedly threatened to shoot the speaker, former Black Panther Party leader Elaine Brown.

The incident took place about 8:30 p.m. in Wright Hall's Weinstein Auditorium, according to a campuswide email from Public Safety Director Paul Ominsky. An audience member reportedly stood up and left the lecture hall, saying he planned to go get a gun and return to shoot Brown.

The suspect was described as a black male in his mid-40s with dreadlocks and wearing camouflage clothing. Public Safety and Northampton Police searched Wright Hall and the surrounding area, but did not locate the man, according to Ominsky. Officers remained at the scene until the lecture was completed. Brown departed safely.

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the Office of Public Safety at 585-2490.

- JAMES F. LOWE

The story can be found at; http://www.dailyhampshiregazette.com...fm?id_no=79282

- Janq