Home Invasion/Robbery in Brooklyn (NYC)

This is a discussion on Home Invasion/Robbery in Brooklyn (NYC) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; September 27, 2006 Metro Briefing | New York: Brooklyn: Home Invasion Robbery By AL BAKER (NYT); COMPILED BY JOHN SULLIVAN A husband and wife in ...

September 27, 2006
    Metro Briefing | New York: Brooklyn: Home Invasion Robbery
    By AL BAKER (NYT); COMPILED BY JOHN SULLIVAN
    A husband and wife in Borough Park were the victims of a home invasion and robbery on Monday night in which two masked men stole $400,000 in cash and jewelry, the police said yesterday. Officers responded at 9:45 p.m. after the suspects left the 54th Street home, the police said. The victims, a 58-year-old man and a 57-year-old woman, were not injured, the police said. The police said the couple told them that the thieves, wearing ski masks and black jumpsuits, brandished box cutters and tied their hands with duct tape before removing $200,000 in cash and $200,000 worth of jewelry from a safe. The men may have entered through a first-floor window, the police said, and they fled in a white Chevrolet Suburban that may have been driven by an accomplice. AL BAKER (NYT)
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Do you think that if they had a CCW (which is almost impossible to get in NYC) the outcome might have been different?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

A CCW would be good,but even just being able to possess a firearm in the home could've stopped these gangbangers in their tracks. All states allow some form possession in the home(except DC,where you can only have a rifle).
    This just goes to show that the BGs don't necessarily need guns to pull off crime,just that there's nothing there to stop it.See Great Britain.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Who has $200 Gs cash in their house?

Sounds like someone knew they would hit the jackpot. Probably an inside job. Or just some REAL lucky robbers.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Box cutters, hunh? You know what we do to box cutter wielders after nine eleven? Even if I had to use my bare hands. Fortunately, my state allows me to confront them with my Mossy 590 or my XD 45ACP. Mincemeat is what we do to people with box cutters. I'm sorry these folks were not able to legally defend themselves, although I'm curious about why they had that much cash in their house.

Links