Didn't take the Brady Bunch Long

This is a discussion on Didn't take the Brady Bunch Long within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; At 6:00 tonite I got a e-mail alert already!!! Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence .. We Are Saddened by Another Campus Shooting Dear David, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Didn't take the Brady Bunch Long

At 6:00 tonite I got a e-mail alert already!!!
    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence..

We Are Saddened by Another Campus Shooting

Dear David,

Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and families touched by yesterday's gun violence at Northern Illinois University.

At a time when the country confronts one mass shooting after another — six separate multiple murders across the country in just the last two weeks — we need to strengthen America's gun laws now more than ever.

Over the years, the Brady Campaign has proposed numerous common-sense measures to reduce and prevent gun violence. It may be difficult to stop 'suicide shooters' like the Northern Illinois University killer, but there are steps we can take as a nation to make us all safer.

Congress' passing and the President's signing of the NICS improvement Amendments Act to strengthen the Brady background checks system was a positive first step. Now, we need to close the gun show loophole.

As we grieve with the victims and families of this latest mass shooting, we also need to take action — to call on public officials, opinion leaders, advocates, and others — indeed, everyone — to do their part to address, and end, the gun violence in our country.

Much more needs to be done to help make our schools and communities safer. We are so grateful that you are with us in this fight.

Sincerely,
    Paul Helmke Signature [image]
    Paul Helmke, President
    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
    Kahr CW9
    Sig P239/9mm
    Ruger LC9 (when the girlfriend lets me carry her gun)

"First Duty is To Remember"

As I read the comments on the CNN website regarding this recent shooting in Illinois, I despair at the lack of perspective shown by the "gun grabbers." I don't know what gives them the impression that anything good can come out of disarming the people. We have had an armed citizenry since this country was founded, and the increased violence in it is not a function of gun ownership, but rather, the decline of our civilization.

I'm also annoyed at their bizarre speculation that if GG's were armed when one of these shootings went down, the crossfire would be even more deadly. They make silly arguments such as "while we're at it, let's go ahead and allow mortars in our yards." We live among a thoroughly brainwashed society, and too many people just can't draw logical conclusions from what they observe. They're more concerned about being perceived as nice people or fitting in with their liberal friends. They not only choose to be victims, but want to take away everyone else's choice while they're at it.

Senior Moderator
    I wouldnt mind having a mortar.

It would help to get rid of some of the crows around here.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

I am speechless, what will be next. A child tripped on DANGEROUS Tonka toy, We need to shut down the toy companies they are growing to DANGEROUS!
    SAPPERS BREACH BUTT NAKED

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Supporting hunting is not supporting the 2nd Amendment !

Hmmmm......we need more laws........The nutcase committed murder(1 law broken), brought a gun onto a university campus(2nd law broken),illegally carried in IL(3 laws broken). Yeahhhhhh.
    "The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree..."
    Nunn v. State GA 1848

Assistant Administrator
    "Ending gun violence"? Yeah sure ---- banning guns will solve that (not).

It will tho deprive sane legitimate folks from a means of defending against the slimes who always WILL gave a gun ...... no amount of Brady chest-pounding can stop that.

Predictable response
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by press1280 View Post
    Hmmmm......we need more laws........The nutcase committed murder(1 law broken), brought a gun onto a university campus(2nd law broken),illegally carried in IL(3 laws broken). Yeahhhhhh.
    What you are missing is he bought 3 guns legally and that is what they will attack...and it is what we should focus on in mitigating that attack. You focus on the broken laws...the reality is no one cares what laws he broke...they care about what laws he didn't break.

History has shown when things like this occur...more restictions, not less...what we do to blunt these kinds of attacks should be the focus.

Rick

...but hey, the guy DID have a FOID card....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    The Government has been trying to legislate moral behavior for centuries. The reality is laws are useless as only law abiding citizens follow the rules. Anecdotal evidence and hard facts will not sway the anti's. The only thing that will sway them is personal experience (i.e. the Ohio Representative who had a nasty experience and changed his posture on the spot). I am not wishing ill on anyone but I won't be overly upset if something happens to a nay-sayer either!
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Bunny View Post
    Paul Helmke, President
    Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
    Anyone have this maggot baby killers e-mail address? Far as I am concerned he is NO different than the low life that pulled the trigger. See sig. Like to tell him what I think of him. Better yet I'd like to see him in the front row of the next slaughter he causes, stinkin waste of skin.
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

You don't hear them screaming about cars, but the bodycount at the illegal street race was higher then the last campus shooting.

The Brady Campaign------it's really sad these 'folks' keep using up everyone else's good oxygen.

What do you have when you gather a dozen Brady Bunch members into one basement?
    A 'whine' cellar...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    What do you have when you gather a dozen Brady Bunch members into one basement?
    A 'whine' cellar...
    thanks I really needed that after reading the whiners lying letter
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

You know, it seems like all anyone ever focuses on is some variation of the following: "What drove this person to commit these acts?" The MSM always seems to ask the wrong questions, thereby entirely missing the point.

Personally, I don't care why someone commits mass murder. People can spend many years (which they have) and create many laws (which they have) and commission many studies (which they have), and so on. None of that matters. Each person's reasons will, every time, be theirs alone. In the end all that I care about is that the person committing the shootings ends up dead, preferably at the hands of an armed citizenry, and future psychos are deterred in their potential plans. The word on the street should be that if you attempt any violent crime, someone from the general public will shoot you dead on the spot, your evil plans thwarted. No trial. No lawyers. No appeals.

We have a phrase in this country for someone who intentionally starts a shootout with police. "Suicide by cop," we call it. It's time we added "suicide by sheepdog" to our common parlance and made it a more common outcome of these events.

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links