14 y/o Armed Home Invader Shot in the Head

This is a discussion on 14 y/o Armed Home Invader Shot in the Head within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is all because kids are now given a 'time-out' instead of the belt.. My head still turns when I hear a belt clearing belt ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 14 y/o Armed Home Invader Shot in the Head

This is all because kids are now given a 'time-out' instead of the belt.. My head still turns when I hear a belt clearing belt loops on pants..

Go to your room.. with your xbox, computer, cell phone.. and I want you to stay there till I say you can come out.. 'uhhh.. ok'..

They learn that the only consequence to doing 'wrong' is painless.. and usually more entertaining than playing outside

2. Remove Ads

BUT THIS IS A 14 YR OLD KID. My little cousin is 13 and he just runs around acting like a kid, he does something stupid, you knock a little bit of sense in to him and he never did it again.
    Does your 13 year old cousin go around armed, breaking into houses and threatening people?????? From the article it sounds like he went there looking for the residents armed, doesn’t sound like stupid kid stuff to me. If this is the way your cousin acts.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Ok, I understand everyone wanting to get the BG off the street. I understand this kid was acting the part of the dangerous thug and could have hurt/killed someone. But wishing death on a 14 year old kid is beyond me. He was shot, luckily he didn't hurt anyone, hopefully he did learn his lesson. Can't we end it there, grateful that no one other than him was hurt? Or do we have to wish death on him too?

More than likely, this kid had no responsible parents or adult to teach him how to be a human being. But usually, getting shot is a life altering event. At 14, it may be the first time he received any sort of discipline/resistance to his behavior. He probably learned about consequences of his actions for the first time too from this incident. If he isn't a changed person coming out, and didn't learn a lesson, continuing his thuggish behavior and life of crime, then yes, he deserves what he gets.

BTW, I think he deserved what he got this time too, but I'm happy he lived and has a chance to learn from his mistakes and hopefully be a productive member of society.

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    A sad twist to the story is this incident will be cited by Hillary & the Brady Bunch as another child involved in gun violence.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

"But usually, getting shot is a life altering event."

Not for gang bangers. Being shot is a badge of honor. There is every chance this this little perp will murder someone: He has certainly shown a willingness to do so.

About four decades ago the politicians who ran this country concluded that a father is not needed in the home. Rather than insist that a father stand up and support his kids, politicians came up with ways to shove that responsibility onto taxpayers. We as a society are now paying the price for that legislative stupidity.

Distinguished Member Array morintp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    "But usually, getting shot is a life altering event."

Not for gang bangers. Being shot is a badge of honor. There is every chance this this little perp will murder someone: He has certainly shown a willingness to do so.

About four decades ago the politicians who ran this country concluded that a father is not needed in the home. Rather than insist that a father stand up and support his kids, politicians came up with ways to shove that responsibility onto taxpayers. We as a society are now paying the price for that legislative stupidity.
    I guess I didn't see in the article where it mentioned he was a gang member and was raised by a single mother.

"More than likely, this kid had no responsible parents or adult to teach him how to be a human being."

Just building on your supposition.

This is a sad situation. I would love for this incident to snap this boy out of his inflated sense of invincibility. Don't know if the lesson took though. Lesson of the day: Properly placed bullets make you dead. You don't jump up like the guys in the movies or in the videos you see. Hopefully for this boy there will be no next time and he has learned a very real sense of his own mortality. He is isn't the first teen that I have encountered with this problem. When I lived in the Chicagoland area for a while, read an article about a 15 year old gang member getting shot in an altercation with a rival gang member. They took him to an E.R. and he was surpised his gsw hurt. Well, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    Right on the $$. And now people honestly believe that "it takes a village" BS.

What it takes is a pair of parents who are: married, involved and aware of what life is really all about.
    Freedom ... must be fought for, protected, and handed on ... or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free. -- Ronald Reagan, 1967

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post

Too bad he missed his target....
    Mighty HD

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Many have none, though the people listed on the tax forms (aka 'parents') live in the same building.

Personal responsibility is what it is. If you abdicate your responsibilities, you get what you get. In this case, murderous felons for children who would ruin lives for a "diss." Poor little, dangerous twits. (And I'm not speaking of the children.)
    My wife, who works in education, calls it "L.O.W." - "Lack Of Whoopin'". No discipline. No saying, "No". Too many so-called parents are either too busy messing up their own lives to pay any attention to thier kids, or trying too hard to be their child's buddy....
    "Bad spellers of the world - untie!"

DAV Life member, NRA Life member

Springfield XD 9mm Sub-Compact
    Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro 9mm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links