Broke Into The Wrong Trailer Home

This is a discussion on Broke Into The Wrong Trailer Home within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Intruder killed as he sought ex-girlfriend - local_news | The Dothan Eagle Authorities said a 38-year-old Henry County man was shot and killed over the ...

Thread: Broke Into The Wrong Trailer Home

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Broke Into The Wrong Trailer Home

Intruder killed as he sought ex-girlfriend - local_news | The Dothan Eagle

Authorities said a 38-year-old Henry County man was shot and killed over the weekend after he broke into a mobile home near Kinsey, where his ex-girlfriend was staying with another man.

Dead is Jimmy Proctor of Headland, who suffered multiple gunshot wounds after he broke into the house located in a mobile home park on Lookout Lane off Alabama 52. The shooting occurred around 11:40 p.m. Saturday.

“There had been an ongoing domestic dispute with a female living at the residence where the shooting occurred and the deceased,” said Houston County Sheriff Andy Hughes. “The Sheriff’s Office has answered several domestic calls at that residence before.”

Hughes said Proctor came to the trailer, parked his vehicle at the rear of the house and forcefully entered through a rear door.

“When he got in, he made some verbal threats toward the man who shot him. The man pulled a firearm and told the guy to back off. He cocked the gun and attempted to retreat to the master bedroom/bathroom area.”

Hughes said the shooter repeatedly asked Proctor to stop. “But the suspect continued to come at him. He shot him once in the leg. The suspect kept coming and he shot him several more times with a 9 mm handgun.”

Capt. Antonio Gonzalez said authorities were called to the scene at 11:52 p.m. Proctor was shot once in the leg, twice in the torso and once in the face.

Gonzalez said it does not appear that Proctor was armed.

Proctor was transported by ambulance to Southeast Alabama Medical Center. He died about an hour later, at 12:43 a.m. Sunday, said Houston County Coroner Robert Byrd.

The shooter is not being identified by Houston County authorities. Gonzalez said he has not been charged with any crime at this point.

“We don’t know if he was the renter of the trailer house or the girl was, but someone was protecting their property,” Gonzalez said.

Gonzalez said five or six people were in the mobile home at the time of the shooting, including several children.

It is the second time in three months a suspect has been shot and killed while breaking into a home in rural Houston County. Colie Laquad Dunlap, 20, was killed by a homeowner during a breaking-and-entering on U.S. 84 East on Dec. 8, 2007. Dunlap’s brother, Christopher Lee Dunlap, 24, was charged with burglary in the case.

The homeowner was not charged but Hughes said it would most likely be turned over to a grand jury for review.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

Armed or not, the intruder (Jimmy Proctor) posed a clear and present threat to the persons residing in the residence.

To be held at gunpoint, and continue to advance after several warnings, leads a reasonable person to assume that the intruder (Jimmy Proctor) felt he could effectively disarm the homeowner and quite possibly use it against him.

That coupled with the "forced entry" should spell out a "clean shoot" in my books.

I'm confident no charges will be filed in this case, unless there are developments or other circumstances that weren't mentioned in the initial reports.

JMHO
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Yes.... he advances and then his intent is to take your gun and use it against you. You a fool if you assume otherwise. Good shoot to me. He doesn't have to have a weapon in this case. He is a clear and present danger. He is in a place he has no right to be and you are without fault in the altercation.

yes,i agree.also the shooter did not know the BG was not armed.
    he could have had a knife in his back pocket and just wanted to get closer before pulling it out.in this case i think the BG was either on some controlled substance or a psycho.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Links