Batter Up

This is a discussion on Batter Up within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This article caught my attention. Fresno Bee 2/19/08 - Early on the morning of Nov. 2, 2006, Fresno resident Marian Wells was awakened by a ...

Thread: Batter Up

Batter Up

This article caught my attention.
    Fresno Bee 2/19/08 - Early on the morning of Nov. 2, 2006, Fresno resident Marian Wells was awakened by a baseball bat to the head.

She didn't know it at the time, but the bat-wielding intruder was the wife of the man with whom she was having an affair.

Bloodied and fearing she was about to lose consciousness, Wells struggled with the woman as her 7-year-old daughter came into the room. Eventually, after being forced to remove her clothes and enter the bathtub, Wells was able to flee the house with her daughter.

Robyn Sotelo, a 46-year-old Sacramento resident, was arrested and eventually convicted of attempted premeditated murder, assault and other crimes. According to court documents, Sotelo told authorities that she felt "threatened for [her] womanhood" by Wells.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Well,cheating is a dangerous business.People can and will engage in deadly behaviour when you threaten their marriage or relationship.I recall a friend of my dads,in the 1960's he waited at a jobsite for the man who had an affair wife his wife.Shotgun,man dead on the spot.My dads friend went to prison.I have been blessed on my 4th marriage,but when I was dating,I always made sure any woman I was with was totally done with a previous boyfriend or husband.Many people become irrational and violent over "love".

That woman is lucky to be alive. The attacker had the element of surprise and could have finished her off with just one well placed blow to the head. Very lucky woman.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Links