Sex Offender is Killed While Attacking Two Women

This is a discussion on Sex Offender is Killed While Attacking Two Women within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Now that is what being a good neighbor is all about!...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sex Offender is Killed While Attacking Two Women

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Now that is what being a good neighbor is all about!

2. Remove Ads

attacker got what was coming to him..... wish there were more people like Mr. Ingram

This is the one and only way to insure that a sex offender will not offend again.

The man who rid the world of this scum bag is to be commended.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Glad lives were saved-the women

A .40 slap to the chest is just what he needed!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

cj

Unhappy

I am glad that this situation turned out safely for the innocents involved, but frankly I find some of the comments here disturbingly along the lines of gloating.

A life was taken, and the gentleman doing the sadly necessary deed must now live with that fact...a difficult task for most. I'm sure he didn't run out his door wanting to kill anyone, simply to protect the innocent, which he did admirably.

The perpetrator still had a family as well, who probably do not understand his actions, as reprehensible as they may be. Of course they will be upset, and as we know, the media is quite skilled at forcing statements and twisting them.

Gloating truly accomplishes nothing beyond making us look bad in the eyes of other observers. And from what I've seen recently on this and other boards, there ARE observers who would use many of these statements to simply reinforce their own prejudices regarding bloodthirsty, redneck gun owners.

That's a pretty strong castle doctrine if it protects him when he charges into his neighbor's house.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

I suppose I could make a post here of deep sorrow and regret that a would-be rapist-murderer was thwarted and killed in the midst of his crime.

I could wring my hands in anguish over this death of a HUMAN BEING (sob sob)...

But I'm not gonna.

I'm glad this rapist will never again rape another woman, or hurt someone I care about.

When it comes to rapists, and murders, I choose my side. And so do you, and so do these people who value a criminal's life above all others.

It takes a peculiar moral inversion to side with criminals.

If someone does the right thing, and feels culturally mandated guilt, society is truly broken.

--Travis--

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    That's a pretty strong castle doctrine if it protects him when he charges into his neighbor's house.
    You can read the whole thing here:
    http://state.tn.us/sos/acts/105/pub/pc0210.pdf

It is pretty strong. It is well worth the read too. Maybe you could email it to your state reps to encourage them to enact something like it in your state. I like the last line. It is so true in Memphis.

SECTION 4. This act shall take effect upon becoming a law, the public welfare requiring it.
    It is not the Bill of Privileges. It is not the Bill of Permits. It is the Bill of Rights.

People should not be afraid of the government; the government should be afraid of the people.

Great person to have living next door!

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Herknav View Post
    Keep in mind that Mr. Ingram was invited to the neighbor's house when the other woman came asking him for help. Dunno about TN, but here in CT, a person is authorized in using deadly force in defense of a third party, as long one reasonably believes that the BG is using or about to use deadly force, or reasonably believes that the BG is inflicting or about to inflict great bodily harm.

So protecting a neighbor from being raped in CT would allow one to use that level of force necessary to stop or prevent the act, up to and including deadly force. I imagine that TN law is similar. I do not know if the civil immunity (in TN - we don't have that law here in CT ) would extend to the neighbors property.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

great job glad he was there to help the ladies. and what a economically minded fellow he must not like ammo prices either

citizen510--Thanks for the response.

CT-Mike--You're absolutely right about the invitation. I was curious about the civil liability aspect.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

i enjoy stories like this.thank you Mr. Ingram.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Ohio's CCW law considers rape equal sever bodily harm or death so the bad guy was bought and paid for under Ohio Law Castle Doctrine notwithstanding as we don't have the Castle doctrine to protect us but I am fairly certain we will before the end of the year.

I was on a teleconference with the Ohio Speaker of the House and he's bringing it to vote before elections this year and the Gov. said he's sign it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links