UGLY: Road rage leads to high-speed chase and shootout in east Orange County

This is a discussion on UGLY: Road rage leads to high-speed chase and shootout in east Orange County within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Road rage leads to high-speed chase and shootout in east Orange County -- OrlandoSentinel.com OrlandoSentinel.com Road rage leads to high-speed chase and shootout in east ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UGLY: Road rage leads to high-speed chase and shootout in east Orange County

UGLY: Road rage leads to high-speed chase and shootout in east Orange County

Road rage leads to high-speed chase and shootout in east Orange County -- OrlandoSentinel.com

OrlandoSentinel.com
    Road rage leads to high-speed chase and shootout in east Orange County
    One driver was taking daughters to school, deputies said

Walter Pacheco

Sentinel Staff Writer

11:21 AM EST, February 20, 2008

A road rage incident in east Orange County this morning between two motorists ended in a high-speed chase and a shootout near an elementary school.

Orange County Sheriff's Office deputies arrested Louis A. Davis, 40, and Victor Vilchez, 44, reports show. Davis was taking his daughters, ages 6 and 11, to school when he started firing at Vilchez. No one was injured in the shooting that ended a few blocks from Chickasaw Elementary School.

Agency spokesman Deputy Carlos Padilla said one driver faces charges of aggravated battery. Charges were not available on the other motorist.

Initial reports show that sometime before 8:20 a.m., Davis was driving his white Honda behind Vilchez's blue and white Econoline van on Egan Drive, just west of Goldenrod Road.

"Davis felt the van was going too slow, so he tried to pass him. But Vilchez started to speed up. Both drivers then started racing down Egan Drive," Padilla said. "When they got to Autumnvale Drive, Davis overtook the van. The driver of the van then rear-ended the Honda."

That's when the bullets started flying.

Davis pulled out a gun, while his daughters were in the vehicle, and started firing rounds at the van. Vilchez pulled out his gun and fired back, deputies said. Davis stopped at a home on Garwood Drive and dropped off his daughters. He then continued to pursue Vilchez through the neighborhood.

Padilla said Davis spotted the van and started to shoot. The van then crashed into a passing vehicle.

Sheriff's reports show that deputies recovered a 45 calibre Taurus semi-automatic and a 38 calibre Keltec automatic. Davis and Vilchez had valid permits to carry a concealed weapon, Padilla said.

The chase and shootout left residents and deputies in shock.

"I saw two deputy cruisers speed by and the deputies yelling, 'Get in! Get in!'," said an eyewitness who was about to drop her daughter off at school.

Deputies called the high-speed chase and shootout "unbelievable."

"This is a residential street with pedestrian traffic. It's a nice neighborhood with kids and families," Padilla said. "Even in law-enforcement, this is quite shocking to us."

Copyright 2008, Orlando Sentinel

2. Remove Ads

Unbelievable. What the heck is wrong with those two? Especially the guy with kids in his car.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

These guys should have known better - and permit holders to boot making us all look bad. Now the "blood flowing in the streets" crowd will be coming out of the woodwork.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

Crap. What stupid, irresponsible behavior.....on both their parts!

I'd bet this hits the national news.

Assistant Administrator
    <sigh> ........ impetuous, irresponsible and lunatic behavior.

I guess statistically - law-of-averages ........ there will always be the small possibility of lawful carriers smearing our good name but - you can bet those who watch for this stuff will extract max mileage out of it somehow.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

This is just amazing!
    Not one but two knuckle heads both licensed to boot.

Thank you Louis Davis and Victor Vilchez, you both have now made my life that much more difficult and due for scrutiny in the eyes of everyone else.
    I hope they throw the book at Davis, with 5-7 yrs. and no parole.
    As for Vilchez 1 -3 yrs., no parole.

Nice way to parent by example, Davis.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    I hope they throw the book at Davis, with 5-7 yrs. and no parole.
    As for Vilchez 1 -3 yrs., no parole.

- Janq
    You're too kind.

UN believable! Kids in the car?!?
    concealed weapon permits?!?

What a pair of
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Waaay too much pride, ego, and stupidity in these two!

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    What a bunch of shipdits! I hope they both get the maximum. Black eye for the CCW community, but as the pool get larger, things like this (statistically) are bound to happen.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I don't know what, if any, training requirements there are for CA concealed carry.
    I do know that some states have no training requirement and a few participants here think that is fine, on pure 2A grounds.

Going through a course on justification for use of force, verbal judo, and similar topics may stop these (thankfully rare) incidents which tarnish all of us.

I feel sorry for the kids, but jail time is in order for both.
    Last edited by Hopyard; February 20th, 2008 at 01:57 PM. Reason: add a last thought

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I don't know what, if any, training requirements there are for CA concealed carry.
    I do know that some states have no training requirement and a few participants here think that is fine, on pure 2A grounds.

Going through a course on justification for use of force, verbal judo, and similar topics may stop these (thankfully rare) incidents which tarnish all of us.

I feel sorry for the kids, but jail time is in order for both.
    Odd isn't it that in places where NO training at all is required, we never seem to hear of such incidents (Indiana and Vermont come to mind).
    Personally I don't think training has much to do with it; more just people mad at something else and taking it out on the road.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I
    Just to clarify: This happened in Orange County Florida -- in the Orlando area.

WHAT MORONS !!! Were these idiots on steriods?? is this roid rage, combined with road rage ?? A gunfight over not going fast enough!! This is EXACTLY what we gun owners and permit holders DON'T need making the news.

TOTAL IDIOTS !!!!!!!!!

Well, that's a major setback, not just for CCW but the entire 2nd Amendment. What a bunch of BLEEP BLEEPS!

2 Arrested In Road-Rage Incident Near School - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando

This link actually has a video with statements by both of them.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links