Man Arrested For Fatally Shooting Roommate - With Followup Story

This is a discussion on Man Arrested For Fatally Shooting Roommate - With Followup Story within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; cbs5.com - Bay Point Man Arrested In Roommate Murder BAY POINT (BCN) ― A Bay Point man was arrested Tuesday night on suspicion of fatally ...

Thread: Man Arrested For Fatally Shooting Roommate - With Followup Story

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

cbs5.com - Bay Point Man Arrested In Roommate Murder

BAY POINT (BCN) ― A Bay Point man was arrested Tuesday night on suspicion of fatally shooting his roommate inside their residence late Tuesday afternoon, Contra Costa County sheriff's spokesman Jimmy Lee said Wednesday.

Andrew Mahler, 33, was detained for questioning shortly after sheriff's deputies found his roommate on the sidewalk in front of their residence at 44 Pensacola St. in the unincorporated community of Bay Point suffering from a gunshot wound, Lee said.

Mahler had reportedly gone over to a neighbor's house and either he or the neighbor called for help shortly after 5:30 p.m., Lee said.

Although the shooting reportedly occurred inside 44 Pensacola St., the victim was outside the residence when deputies arrived. He was taken to John Muir Medical Center in Concord, where he was pronounced dead, Lee said.

The Contra Costa County coroner's office identified him Thursday as 31-year-old William Lenox.

Mahler was questioned for several hours before being arrested at about 10:45 p.m., Lee said. He has been booked into the Martinez Detention Facility on suspicion of murder. His bail has been set at $1 million, a detention official said.

Lenox is the first homicide victim this year in unincorporated East Contra Costa County and only the second person to be murdered in any unincorporated area of the county.

The first victim, 28-year-old Marcus Bryant, a Richmond-area transient, was killed Feb. 4 in West Contra Costa County in unincorporated North Richmond, Lee said. He had been shot multiple times at close range.

No suspects have been arrested for Bryant's murder, Lee said.
    Not a lot of detail in this story, other than the roommate died and the shooter was arrested for murder shortly after the events took place.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Updated Information Here:

cbs5.com - Local Wire

A Bay Point man arrested last week on suspicion of fatally shooting his roommate was released from jail Friday after prosecutors decided the slaying was in self-defense, Contra Costa County Sheriff's spokesman Jimmy Lee said today.

Andrew Mahler, 33, was detained for questioning Tuesday shortly after sheriff's deputies found his roommate on the sidewalk in front of their residence at 44 Pensacola St. in the unincorporated community of Bay Point suffering from a gunshot wound, Lee said.

The roommate, 31-year-old William Lenox, was taken to John Muir Medical Center in Concord where he was pronounced dead. An autopsy found that he died form a gunshot wound to the abdomen, Lee said.

The shooting had reportedly occurred inside the roommates' residence, Lee said. Mahler had then allegedly gone over to a neighbor's house and either he or the neighbor called for help shortly after 5:30 p.m.

Deputies took Mahler to the station to question him and then officially arrested him at about 10:45 p.m., Lee said. He was booked into the Martinez Detention Facility on suspicion of murder, but when investigators presented the case to the Contra Costa County District Attorney's office Friday, prosecutors declined to file charges and Mahler was released Friday afternoon, Lee said.
    Glad to hear everything worked out for Mr. Mahler. No surprise that he was arrested considering this took place in the SF area.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post

Glad to hear everything worked out for Mr. Mahler. No surprise that he was arrested considering this took place in the SF area.
    Must have been pretty clear-cut for the prosecutors office to decide so quickly. I hope he comes out of this OK in more ways than just criminally.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Sponsored Links