Man shot motorcycle rider for following his daughters (GA)

This is a discussion on Man shot motorcycle rider for following his daughters (GA) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; FOXNews.com - Cops: Georgia Man Kills Motorcyclist Who Was Following Teen Daughters - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News You ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man shot motorcycle rider for following his daughters (GA)

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar

Man shot motorcycle rider for following his daughters (GA)

Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Based only on that article, the shooter seems to be in some big trouble.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

No good can come from stupidity like this.
    One should never confuse good fortune with good training.
    Illegitimus Non Carborundum.
    In God we trust.

Senior Moderator
    Proceed to Mongo, Mr. Gear.

Completely unjustified shooting, if the article is correct.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

JD
    Administrator
    He's done (rightfully so), they're all ready referring to him with his first, middle, and last names...

It does look like the guy made a very bad decision to shoot the motorcyclist. He should be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible.

However, I don't know how much we can trust what his daughters have to say about the goings-on during the trip home. I've ridden many, many thousands of miles on my various motorcycles, and been cut off & flipped off too many times to remember when on them. But I never, in my wildest fantasies, even came close to considering hitting another vehicle with my bike while driving. I don't know anyone who is crazy / stupid enough to hit a car with a motorcycle on purpose. Of course, that doesn't mean this guy wasn't that crazy / stupid - he did follow them home, so his judgment is clearly less than sound. But still...

That doesn't change the badness of the shoot, it just calls into question the whole story given by the daughters. And, since the biker can't give his side, we'll never know what really went down.
    "It is only as retaliation that force may be used and only against the man who starts its use. No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had a right to choose: his own." - John Galt, from Atlas Shrugged

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dang.45 View Post
    I don't know anyone who is crazy / stupid enough to hit a car with a motorcycle on purpose. Of course, that doesn't mean this guy wasn't that crazy / stupid - he did follow them home, so his judgment is clearly less than sound. But still...

I was hit by an idiot on a bicycle while I was driving down the road -- on purpose! It was some 14 year old who thought he had a great way to collect from folks, by claiming they ran into him. Fortunately for me, the cops knew the kid and did not buy his story.

As for the main point of the thread -- doesn't sound good for the shooter, that's certain.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    He's done (rightfully so), they're all ready referring to him with his first, middle, and last names...
    Well...it could be worse. His middle name could be "Lee" or "Wayne". Then you know he's just a serial killer waiting to happen.
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Another kucklehead father (ref. the Orlando road-rage shootout while on the to drop kids off at school) being stupid and really messing up two families lives.

Standing by to hear/find out more on this. I know the report isn't that 'cut-n-dried'.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I am going to go way out on a limb and say that this fellow is in big trouble. From what is being reported the motorcycle driver may have been an dork and all those kinds of things but it still doesn't look very good for the father.
    Last edited by Scott; August 15th, 2008 at 09:00 PM. Reason: profanity workaround

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    The lunacy continues...................
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Speechless

It just seems like people are so very very angry anymore. All this father needed to do was call the police and have them settle the matter. Now the daughters will more than likely not have their father in their lives for a very long time. It didn't say if he was a permit holder or not - hopefully not.
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

I don't know of any motorcycle riders that would try to ram a car with a bike,sounds like they might of cut him off, possibly hit him then left the scene and he was following trying to get info for filing a police report,and Dad based on info provided by daughters just shot his way into a prison cell for a very long time

Stupid kids (offering up fingers and hands in as they stated an obscene manner).
    Idiotic dad for telling them to come home and _BRING THE BAD GUY WITH YOU (!) TO YOUR HOME SO THAT HE NOW KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE_!

Being cut off on the road is not a big deal, let it go.
    If a person hits your vehicle and doesn't stop you don't toss up fingers in obscene gestures nor do you call daddy. You dial 911 and report it as an emergency hit and run!
    If you then are being followed by some person you do not lead that person to your home (!!!!). You don't dial daddy either.
    You drive straight to the police station and dial 911!!!

If you as the recipient do get such a call you don't act like this moron did.
    You tell the caller to obey all traffic safety laws and drive straight to the closest police station and to hang up and call the cops. Maybe jump in your car and agree to meet the caller(s) there, in front of the police station...with a cop on hand to assist.

Geez...

- Janq

P.S. - I agree with Dukalmighty. His guess makes the most common and street sense.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links