Shooting in Florida Wendy's (merged)

This is a discussion on Shooting in Florida Wendy's (merged) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 2 Dead, 5 Injured In Shooting At West Palm Beach Wendy's - West Palm Beach News Story - WPBF West Palm Beach Here we go ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shooting in Florida Wendy's (merged)

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    Very sad. At this point, we don't know if this guy is just an ordinary nutjob, or an ex-employee, or gang-banger or ex-boyfriend or what. It's very trajic and we can all expect major national media hype in the coming months. Don't be surprised if we don't see more of the same too before the election. Then watch it magically drop off....
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

What a coward's way to go out. Kill others than kill yourself. Link reports there was an off-duty leo at the restaurant.

I guess we will be getting more details soon.

The world is going to hell in a hand basket.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Officials: 2 Dead, Including Gunman, in Shooting at Fla. Wendy's

As reported via ABCNews.com:

Officials: 2 Dead in Wendy's Shooting
    Officials: 2 Dead, Including Gunman, in Shooting at Fla. Wendy's

A gunman opened fire Monday at a West Palm Beach, Fla., Wendy's during lunch. In addition to the gunman, who reportedly shot himself, one person is dead and at least three are injured, Florida authorities told ABC News. (ABC)

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. Mar 3, 2008 (AP)

A man opened fire at a Wendy's restaurant around lunchtime Monday, killing one person before committing suicide, authorities said.

The shooter wounded at least three others. They were in critical condition, said Palm Beach County sheriff's spokeswoman Teri Barbera.

Two other people had minor injuries, but it was unclear if they had been struck.

Several people were carried away on stretchers to ambulances. No other information was immediately available.

The story can be found at; ABC News: Officials: 2 Dead in Wendy's Shooting

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Senior Moderator
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Senior Moderator
    Mergerated
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Why all of a sudden do we have all these shootings? normally I would not say this.... something is not right with the timing of all this and they all kill themselves.

Am I going crazy?

I'd like to see the statistics on these kinds of shootings.
    Maybe its just me but there have been a TON lately.. seems like an outright epidemic. VT, NIU, the Colorado church shooting, countless other less publicized ones...

Quote Originally Posted by landelmer View Post
    Why all of a sudden do we have all these shootings? normally I would not say this.... something is not right with the timing of all this and they all kill themselves.

Am I going crazy?
    Maybe a John Grishams "King of Torts" kind of thing...a miracle drug causing 1% of people to go on a shooting rampage?

I don't know what's going on, but you're not crazy. I don't think there is some secret conspiracy going on, but something in today's society is causing these things to happen. I blame it on absentee parenting.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

CNN is providing a link that says a man in a business suit walked out of the bathroom, then shot a man dead who was standing by the railing near the counter. I wonder if I would have seen that coming... To tell the truth, I probably don't rank people in suits that high on my orange meter. Guess I'd better recalibrate.

Anytime, any place, by anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    CNN is providing a link that says a man in a business suit walked out of the bathroom, then shot a man dead who was standing by the railing near the counter. I wonder if I would have seen that coming... To tell the truth, I probably don't rank people in suits that high on my orange meter. Guess I'd better recalibrate.

Same here, but I still don't trust anyone...
    Brady's will have fun with another one...
    I'll be watching the news for this one...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If you want to know why you are seeing one after another of these rampage killers just wait a day or two. You will be treated to endless discussions in the media of the "tormented soul" who committed this crime. His life will be dissected, his name will be published and his picture will be everywhere. In response to this the next nut case contemplating taking his own life and with no respect for any other will realize he to can attain fame by killing a group of innocents in as public a way as possible.

Why does this happen?

Because we make them celebrities.

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post

Yep.

Clothing is not an absolute tell, absolutely.
    Profiling doesn't work well and persons in business suits as well as any other type clothing and dresses too have and can be a threat.

Myself I try to stay physically away from public bathrooms be it inside them or around/outside them.
    Still though it would be difficult to see that one coming in specific, aside from scanning the guy before eh went in and he having any other physical tells by appearance or attitude.

CNN is indicating now that a witness saw the shooter leave the bathroom and stood there visibly shaking. At that point he the witness stated that he felt something about that guy was not right. Just then he brought to bear apistol and shot the first person to which the witness ducked down under his table. A moment of silence went by so he says he looked back up and noticed the shooter was reloading and still shaking. He ducked down again and two more shots went off with finality.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

When did we (read: media) start counting the "shooter" as one of the dead?
    I remember, not to long ago, when the headline would read "One dead and four injured in shooting rampage...." (or something like that) with a blurb somewhere in the first paragraph or two telling the 'shooter' killed himself or died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.......never was the 'shooter' counted as one of the dead. The 'shooter's' DO NOT deserve that kind of recognition.

Prayers to the families of the dead and injured.

Nothing good about this at all!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links