Shooting Ends Life Of Crime

This is a discussion on Shooting Ends Life Of Crime within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Shooting ends man's life of crime 7:57 AM | Local News | News for Charlotte, North Carolina | WCNC.com | Local News Crime database shows ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting Ends Life Of Crime

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Shooting Ends Life Of Crime

Shooting ends man's life of crime 7:57 AM | Local News | News for Charlotte, North Carolina | WCNC.com | Local News

Crime database shows man had criminal history

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A Charlotte family is grieving after they say their loved one was shot to death by a man he was trying to rob.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police responded to an armed robbery call at the Cricket cell phone store at the Catawba Village shopping center on Mount Holly – Huntersville Road Saturday night.

There, they found a man shot. Medic declared that man dead on the scene, and the only other person in the store was the store’s manager, who wasn’t hurt.

Family members identified the dead man as 54-year-old James Henry Brewer.

His mother broke down in tears in front of the store Saturday night and screamed his name.

"Who killed my son? Who killed my son? James Henry. James Henry," cried Mary Brewer Givens.

Police had not confirmed the man’s identity Sunday, but Givens said it was her son.

“We all stood there until they brought my son out of the Cricket place,” she recalled, “zipped up in that dead bag.”

Givens told WCNC Sunday that she knows what her son went into the store to do.

“The police told my grandson he had a mask and a gun when he went in there,” said Givens. She knows it’s not the first time he’s had trouble with the law.

A North Carolina Department of Corrections website shows James Henry Brewer has a record back to a kidnapping conviction in 1974, when he was 19.

Three other armed robbery convictions show up since then – the last in 1992. The DOC website said Brewer was released from prison in 2001.

Brewer’s wife, Tamara, said her husband worked in construction for three years after his release, and then stayed home to take care of her.

Tamara Brewer said she has diabetes, and her husband donated a kidney to her for a transplant.

She didn’t deny her husband may have been robbing the store. She said he is a good man who made a “wrong decision.”

“He’s in a better place,” said Tamara Brewer. “It was his time.”

Givens, James Henry Brewer’s mother, said he may be responsible for other cell-phone store robberies, and may have had an accomplice who hasn’t been caught.

Police weren’t available Sunday to confirm family members' details.
    Mom wailing "Who Killed My Son?". He killed himself by choosing the lifestyle that he did.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

"Who shot my son?"

Your son killed himself, ma'am, in the act of attempting to rob someone of his own life.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

At least they admited he lived a life of crime and paid dearly for that choice.

She didn’t deny her husband may have been robbing the store. She said he is a good man who made a “wrong decision.”

sounds to me like he made a lot of bad decisions,and people that commit armed robberies are not good people

Senior Moderator
    Who killed my son?
    You did Mam, by not putting a boot in his tail when he needed it and by not teaching him right from wrong or anything about RESPECT. Had you taught him RESPECT, he would have not been killed for not showing it. He would be alive today.

You Mam, are responsible for his demise. You failed to train him properly. Sometime in the future, You will be judged for that just as he will be judged for his actions.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I find it curious that here is a man who was going to rob and maybe kill another person. He ends up dead. Yet the mother acts as if he was wronged. And she truly believes that. How does that work, again?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

At risk of being flamed, I feel this must be thrown out there for digestion:

The mother just found out her son was killed. It's her son... if she wasn't this upset we'd have even more reason to criticize her parenting. How she proceeds after her initial shock will say more about her character than this brief glimpse.

There, I said it, you may proceed...

"Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    You did Mam, by not putting a boot in his tail when he needed it and by not teaching him right from wrong or anything about RESPECT. Had you taught him RESPECT, he would have not been killed for not showing it. He would be alive today.

You Mam, are responsible for his demise. You failed to train him properly. Sometime in the future, You will be judged for that just as he will be judged for his actions.
    Very well said.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

“He’s in a better place,” said Tamara Brewer. “It was his time.”

We're ALL thinking the same thing too! (sarcasm off)

......and as for Matiki's post.........I agree.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

VIP Member

hmmm

“We all stood there until they brought my son out of the Cricket place,” she recalled, “zipped up in that dead bag.”
    Like James Brown the singer once said"Papa's got a brand new bag".....

A kidnapping and 3 armed robbery convictions and this guy got out in 9 years after the last armed robbery conviction?!

There's the tragedy here!

Good news for the honest, tax paying citizens of NC. They're not only safer but will have a little extra change in their pockets that might have gone towards feeding and housing this waste of humanity for decades.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

Too bad it took so long for him to get to a better place. Sounds like it was well deserved and over due.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Senior Member Array Sergeant Mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simon View Post
    Like James Brown the singer once said"Papa's got a brand new bag".....
    I don't care who you are, that's funny....

Cause of Death: Severe, Acute Failure of the Victim Selection Process

"I continue to be exasperated by the view, apparently gaining momentum in certain circles, that armed robbery is ok as long as no one gets hurt! The proper solution to armed robbery is a dead robber. It is the reponsibility of the victim to turn the tables and demolish the robber. Street crime will cease only when the perpetrator becomes convinced that his operations will most surely result in his death"
    Colonel Jeff Cooper

Any perpetrator killed while attempting an armed robbery earned their dimise. Furthermore, any perpetrator who attempts an armed robbery, deserves to be killed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links