15 y/o Shot While Attempting To Rob A Restaurant

This is a discussion on 15 y/o Shot While Attempting To Rob A Restaurant within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Tulsa World: Teen shot during alleged robbery attempt [/quote][/i] A 15-year-old boy was in serious condition Tuesday night after being shot while allegedly trying to ...

Thread: 15 y/o Shot While Attempting To Rob A Restaurant

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

15 y/o Shot While Attempting To Rob A Restaurant

Tulsa World: Teen shot during alleged robbery attempt[/quote][/i]

A 15-year-old boy was in serious condition Tuesday night after being shot while allegedly trying to rob a restaurant, and a man was shot in the face earlier Tuesday in what a detective said could have been a parking-lot robbery attempt.

After the teenager was shot about 8:20 p.m. at Ralph's Fish & Burger, 1801 N. Lewis Ave., a second would-be robber fled, police said.

The restaurant's owner told police that he had shot someone who was trying to rob him, Sgt. Virgil Litterell said.

The youth reportedly had a gunshot wound to the lower back. EMSA spokeswoman Tina Wells said he was taken to St. John Medical Center.

The restaurant had just closed and an employee had stepped out the front door when two armed juveniles confronted him, Litterell said. While one pushed the employee to the ground, the other entered the restaurant, he said.

When the owner saw the armed youth enter, he drew a gun and fired twice, hitting the teen once, "before he could be fired upon," Litterell said.

The other youth ran west across Lewis, dropping his gun in the street, Litterell said.

Police used a helicopter and dogs in their search for the teen who fled. He was described as black, about 5 feet 7 inches tall, with a slender build and dark clothes.
    Not sure of OK laws, but hopefully the business owner will not face any charges for firing before the teen declared his intentions (although they were pretty clear when he entered the business with a gun).
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

But it is never good to shoot someone in the back. Hope he has video for his own defence.
    Semper Fi!

Engineers Up!

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    ... firing before the teen declared his intentions (although they were pretty clear when he entered the business with a gun).
    As is obvious, it doesn't take a PhD. in non-verbal communications to know that someone approaching you with a gun drawn isn't thinking your shoelaces need tying. The robber made his intentions crystal clear when he took up arms in a very real adult's game. Bad little felon.

Can't imagine a Grand Jury would indict in such a case of the robber already having drawn. I mean, the fact that innocents are still standing is a good thing, right?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    As is obvious, it doesn't take a PhD. in non-verbal communications to know that someone approaching you with a gun drawn isn't thinking your shoelaces need tying. The robber made his intentions crystal clear when he took up arms in a very real adult's game. Bad little felon.

Can't imagine a Grand Jury would indict in such a case of the robber already having drawn. I mean, the fact that innocents are still standing is a good thing, right?
    Tulsa has an apparently anti-gun DA who might think this is worth pursuing (but I doubt it). I know in my county (Oklahoma County, home of Oklahoma City) a case against such a shooter would go NOWHERE. (Actually, before going nowhere, it wouldn't even be pursued.)
    Last edited by Freedom Doc; March 5th, 2008 at 09:23 PM. Reason: nitpick
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

I think here in Texas we can sue the survivors for the cost of our bullets we shot them with

It's not good to say never. If someone is firing into a group of people, I don't see anything wrong with shooting him in the back to stop the murdering. Many studies have been done that show some back shots didn't start out as back shots.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail,,,,,,but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

Links