Another Home Invasion

Another Home Invasion

This is a discussion on Another Home Invasion within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Homeowner shoots at 2 intruders, police say - Midstate PA Local News, Weather, Sports & Entertainment - PennLive.com New Cumberland police are investigating a break-in ...

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Another Home Invasion

Homeowner shoots at 2 intruders, police say - Midstate PA Local News, Weather, Sports & Entertainment - PennLive.com

New Cumberland police are investigating a break-in at a home in the 200 block of Geary Avenue during which the homeowner struggled with a pair of intruders and fired two shots at them as they fled.

Police said neither intruder was hit. The homeowner, who was not identified, suffered a minor cut to his stomach during the scuffle and was examined at the scene by ambulance personnel.

Police said the homeowner was asleep around 12:24 a.m. Wednesday when he was awakened by a commotion downstairs..

A scuffle broke out in the kitchen, and the homeowner fired two shots from a handgun as the intruders were running out a back door, police said.

Both burglars were described as being about 6 feet tall and weighing about 200 pounds. Police said one was white and one was black.

Nothing was reported missing. Police said a woman's handbag was found dumped on the floor and kitchen counters and drawers had been opened. The intruders forced open a back door, police said.

Police are investigating whether the break-in is related to one four days earlier at the same residence. In that case, the homeowner got up to get a drink around 12:30 a.m. and encountered a man in the home.

Anyone with information may call police at 717-774-0400.
    Good for the homeowner, but not sure about firing as the intruders are fleeing. That definitely wouldn't play well here in CT. Also, two home invasions in 4 days? I think I would get a mobile alarm/defense system such as a GSD, Rottie, or Pit to give me a little early warning.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

+1 on the dog. Mine is pretty useless (just lays around most of the time), but she barks at every little sound she hears which is better than any burglar alarm. My response time is a lot faster than the P.D.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Quote Originally Posted by deadeye72 View Post
    +1 on the dog. Mine is pretty useless (just lays around most of the time), but she barks at every little sound she hears which is better than any burglar alarm. My response time is a lot faster than the P.D.
    You got somthing for them don't you deadeye72
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Links