Another BG Shot In The Backside

This is a discussion on Another BG Shot In The Backside within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sheriff: Intruder shot in backside by owner of truck stop near Tea | argusleader.com | Argus Leader A Sioux Falls man accused of trying to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another BG Shot In The Backside

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Sheriff: Intruder shot in backside by owner of truck stop near Tea | argusleader.com | Argus Leader

A Sioux Falls man accused of trying to burglarize Larry’s I-29 Truck Plaza near Tea was shot in the buttocks by the business owner early Wednesday morning.

According to Lincoln County Sheriff Dennis Johnson, the plaza’s owner was working in a back office at about 1:15 a.m. when he heard a noise coming from somewhere in the building.

Carrying a loaded handgun, the owner went to investigate and when he opened the door to his office, another door beside it opened and “he finds himself face to face with the intruder wearing a mask and holding a prybar,” Johnson said.

The owner fired one round at the intruder, later identified by authorities as Austin L. Yesda, 22, of Sioux Falls. The bullet hit Yesda in his backside and he fled the building.

Officers from the South Dakota Highway Patrol, Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office, Tea Police Department and the South Dakota Department of Investigation responded and caught up with Yesda less than a mile from the scene near on Sundowner Avenue at about 2 a.m.

Yesda was taken to Avera McKennan Hospital with non life-threatening injuries, Johnson said.

“I can’t really comment specifically on this case, because it’s still ongoing, but generally speaking, people do have the right to defend themselves and their property with an amount of force that is reasonable under the circumstances that exist at the time,” Johnson said.

Johnson didn’t give the owner’s name, but according to Lincoln County property records, the land is owned by LCI Inc., a South Dakota corporation.
    In your voice
    Good for the business owner.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    Good for the business owner.

+1 Too bad his aim was off a little.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    he finds himself face to face with the intruder wearing a mask and holding a prybar," Johnson said.
    The owner fired one round at the intruder, later identified by authorities as Austin L. Yesda, 22, of Sioux Falls. The bullet hit Yesda in his backside and he fled the building.
    It seems we're missing a few facts. Like the BG was no longer a threat...

He could have been turned sideways. You could still shoot the booty.

VIP Member
    1 in the backside can happen as the BG turns to run as you are pulling the trigger, a second one in the back would be hard to explain.

It could have also been one of those magic bullets used to assassinate Kennedy.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Let's see, you open a door to your office and immediately see a BG with a prybar/crowbar. You instinctively shoot because the prybar could crack your skull. At the same time the BG turns rather than swinging at the storeowner.
    Totally plausable and in my mind I see no ill intentions other than self defense.

Or did the BG have a good reason to be there? Don't think so.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Masaad Ayoob talks about how frequently bad guys turn in the space of time it takes a person to go from the commitment to pull the trigger, and the actual bullet impact. He teaches firearms handling and tactics and is a well-respected professional witness for defensive shooting court cases. If you have had one of his classes he even testifies free.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    action and re-action times, the fog war

besides the bad guy was caught red handed, if the bad guy had not been where he was he would have not got shot

center mass of chest or pumpkin would have been better shot placement requiring more time

sounds like a re-action shot as in Point Shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post

I'm not familiar with the gun laws in South Dakota, but in MS he would have been lucky not to have been shot in the back of the head.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

This just in...

Plaza Owners 1

Team Yesda 0

Final Score...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

So what if he was shot in the back? It's 1:15am and he's in your business with a crowbar!! Betcha lots of money he wasn't collecting for the Salvation Army!! He's a stinkin' criminal!! Quit nitpickin' and do the world a favor!! If a jury convicts you, you need some new laws!
    "It does not take a majority to prevail,,,,,,but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Cloud View Post
    I'm not familiar with the gun laws in South Dakota, but in MS he would have been lucky not to have been shot in the back of the head.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Here in Texas if he's commiting a crime on your property,It doesn't matter where the bullet holes are.During daylight hours if somebody steals from your "yard" you cannot use deadly force to stop the theft ,but during hours of darkness you try to steal a lawnchair,or anything else and you can legally be shot to prevent the theft.If they enter you're residence at anytime of day or night they are literally signing their death warrant.Being a burglar in Texas is more dangerous than fishing for alaskan king crab

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Here in Texas if he's commiting a crime on your property,It doesn't matter where the bullet holes are.During daylight hours if somebody steals from your "yard" you cannot use deadly force to stop the theft ,but during hours of darkness you try to steal a lawnchair,or anything else and you can legally be shot to prevent the theft.If they enter you're residence at anytime of day or night they are literally signing their death warrant.Being a burglar in Texas is more dangerous than fishing for alaskan king crab

thats right, duke and thats the way we want it here.
    some of these nitpicking laws we have in the usa are ridiculous.
    about 200 years ago if someone was caught breaking into your home or business they would have been quickly killed or worse, captured and tortured to death.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.”
    ― Thomas Paine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links