Huntsville Dad Gets Stabbed at Circus

This is a discussion on Huntsville Dad Gets Stabbed at Circus within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As reported by WHNT-TV: Huntsville Dad Gets Stabbed at Circus Matthew Wesley December 3, 2007 NewsChannel 19's Ellis Eskew reports: Matthew Wesley got tickets to ...

Thread: Huntsville Dad Gets Stabbed at Circus

As reported by WHNT-TV:

Matthew Wesley

December 3, 2007

NewsChannel 19's Ellis Eskew reports:

Matthew Wesley got tickets to the circus after he made a donation to the "Toys for Tots" program. He took his son and little brother to the circus Saturday evening.

However, it didn't turn out to be the kind of day he thought it would be.

"It'd be his first time at the circus," said Wesley, watching 18-month-old son, Braden. "Got up to go to the bathroom, get a cold drink, and something for the kids to eat. And I get approached in the bathroom."

That's when things started taking a turn for the worse.

"Coming out of one of the stalls, and a gentleman approached me and said he liked my tennis shoes. So, thank you very much... just being nice. He pulled a pocket knife out and said 'I think you need to give them to me'," Wesley said.

Wesley, in self defense, pulled out his own pocket knife.

"I'm scuffling with him, what, seemed like an hour, probably two or three minutes. And I feel it just gradually touching my skin. I'm pushing away. The gentleman came back towards me, I turn my attention to him or try to get him away from me. I felt a real sharp pain," said Wesley.

Another man had come up from behind him during that time. But he didn't get a good description of him.

"When I hit the ground, of course my glasses came off and I put them back on. I see my knife sticking out of my stomach and I see them going off another way," said Wesley.

Wesley got out and told VBC security. They called police and paramedics. Wesley went to the hospital and got his stomach stapled back together.

He had a four inch deep cut from the knife wound.

"An inch deeper, and it would have hit my intestines," said Wesley.

Now he's back home with his wife and two kids. He still feels a lot pain in his stomach. But considering what could have happened Saturday, Matthew Wesley says he is grateful to be alive.

"They say it was luck. But I have other views on that one. If you ask me, I had a guardian angel that night," said Wesley.

Matthew Wesley's family is going through a lot right now before Christmas. His youngest son has medical issues and will have to face future surgeries. His wife is on medical leave from her job right now. And Matthew will not be able to go back to work for at least a few weeks.

The VBC says this is an isolated incident. Huntsville Police continue to look for the men who attacked Wesley.

The story can be found at; WHNT-TV, Huntsville, AL: Huntsville Dad Gets Stabbed at Circus

- Janq

Personal note: I've learned by direct observation from my youth it's wise to avoid public bathrooms as they are most often secluded areas where predators can and do prey.
    Anytime, anywhere...
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

He should have had a gun. He wasn't operating in condition yellow. Should have been watching his back. He obviously didn't know the axiom 'If you get in a knife fight, you are going to get cut'. Last he suffered a 4" cut, 1" more and it would have hit an intestine, so he has 5" of fat and muscle?

Sponsored Links