Victim's Wife Shoots At Home Invaders

This is a discussion on Victim's Wife Shoots At Home Invaders within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Victim's Wife Shoots at Home Invaders HIDALGO COUNTY - Two gunmen involved in a home invasion were chased away by the victim's wife. "I was ...

Thread: Victim's Wife Shoots At Home Invaders

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

Victim's Wife Shoots at Home Invaders

HIDALGO COUNTY - Two gunmen involved in a home invasion were chased away by the victim's wife.

"I was in shock. I'm still in shock. I can't believe this happened," she tells us. We're hiding the woman's identity and will call her "Michelle."

She tells us her husband is extremely careful on who he lets on his property. But last night's incident started when the homeowner went outside to close the gate.

According to "Michelle," two masked men pulled into the driveway with guns in hand, demanding drugs and money.

She tells us, "He said, 'I don't have anything. I don't know what you're talking about. I just have children and my wife inside. Y'all need to leave.'"

The men reportedly tried to force "Michelle's" husband to open the door to his home. But the former security guard fought back.

"Michelle" says she was watching it all from inside her home.

She tells us, "I reached for the gun. It was up here. Then I got some shells from in here."

She says, "I keep telling him, 'Duck and I'll shoot! Duck and I'll shoot.' And he said, 'No, don't! Don't!' And I was debating whether to shoot or not."

"Then i just shot that way. The truck was right there."

The shots spooked the intruders and forced them to flee. A tree outside is still marked by the pellets.

"You hear about thing like this happening, but you never think it will happen to you," "Michelle" tells us.

The shotgun was taken by deputies for the investigation. But the couple says they'll be buying another gun.

"We should feel at home in our own home. We shouldn't feel frightened or afraid of anybody. This is our home," says "Michelle."

We learned the couple has a security camera outside. The Hidalgo County Sheriff's Office needs your help tracking down the suspects. The two Hispanic men were armed with pistols. We're told they were traveling in a low rider, silver-colored Chevy pickup.

If you have any information on this case, call the Hidalgo County Sheriff's Office at 668-TIPS.

State law allows a person to use deadly force to defend their property. Texas is also one of several states with a "Stand Your Ground" clause. This means an individual doesn't have to let an intruder or attacker know they intend to use deadly force.
    Good for "Michelle". Not sure what the husband was thinking when he was yelling "Don't" unless he was possibly in the line of fire. Although I don't think ducking would get me out of the line of a blast of pellets, unless she was very close.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

She says, "I keep telling him, 'Duck and I'll shoot! Duck and I'll shoot.' And he said, 'No, don't! Don't!' And I was debating whether to shoot or not."
    Seems that she has a little more sense than her husband.
    Why do you own a fire extinguisher when you have the fire department to protect you?

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    The shotgun was taken by deputies for the investigation. But the couple says they'll be buying another gun.
    If she didn't hit them, why would they take the shotgun?

Oh well, good for her for defending the family.
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Wonder if there are any more like her at home?! Quite a lady!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    If she didn't hit them, why would they take the shotgun?

Oh well, good for her for defending the family.
    Maybe they are Brady Bunch supporters and want to do "ballistic fingerprinting" on the shotgun!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZW17 View Post
    Seems that she has a little more sense than her husband.
    Or maybe her husband has seen her shoot before

Quote Originally Posted by Freakdaddy View Post

I liked that
    Better to die quick, fighting on your feet;
    Than to live forever, begging on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Freakdaddy View Post
    <---- Him

Why do you own a fire extinguisher when you have the fire department to protect you?

I live in Hidalgo county,something sounds kinda funny,why would they think he might have drugs or large amount of cash,why is he telling his wife don't shoot it almost sounds like he might know these guys and the fact they didn't shoot him or his wife ,either they didn't want to escalate it to a murder or they know they ain't getting their money from a dead man.We're only 20 miles from the border and there is a a lot of drugs and drug crime around here.

dukalmighty,
    You live in one of the most dangerous places in Texas!! Watch yourself and keep your guard up. Every once in a while go some place where you can come out of Condition Orange and relax a bit. Carry at least two.Going to put you on the prayer list for safety.
    "It does not take a majority to prevail,,,,,,but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." Samuel Adams

VIP Member
    hmmmm,maybe a little more training needed?

I too am at a loss as to why the LEOs took the shotgun...especially in Texas.

Something is missing from the story here.
    Sticks

Grasseater // Grass~eat~er noun, often attributive \ˈgras-ē-tər\
    A person who is incapable of independent thought; a person who is herd animal-like in behavior; one who cannot distinguish between right and wrong; a foolish person.
    See also Sheep

I think the reason the husband didn't want her to shot is because it was a shotgun. Shotguns pellets tend to spread. He probably knew it would hit him too.
    Ruger GP100 .357 mag
    Ruger p-90 .45acp
    Taurus PT-140 acp
    Rossi .357 mag
    Hi-point .45 acp
    DTI AR-15

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Deputies took the shotgun for the investigation?Are they going to ask it questions?There may be more to this story than we see.

Sponsored Links