Man arrested for firing his AK to defend his property

This is a discussion on Man arrested for firing his AK to defend his property within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This comes from news out of Lafayette Louisiana. I'm all for someone defending their property but he fits the definition of apparently over-reacting and should ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Man arrested for firing his AK to defend his property

VIP Member

Man arrested for firing his AK to defend his property

This comes from news out of Lafayette Louisiana. I'm all for someone defending their property but he fits the definition of apparently over-reacting and should have been arrested.

KLFY TV 10 - Acadiana's Local News, Weather and Sports Leader | Lafayette Man Arrested for Firing AK-47 While Defending His Property
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

Bad

That was just stupid.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

What would poses you to run up the street shooting at these guys, you could have no well placed shots and no clue where your rounds would hit. I think he deserves to be arrested due to running up the street
    SAPPERS BREACH BUTT NAKED

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Supporting hunting is not supporting the 2nd Amendment !

A Lafayette man who admits he used an AK-47 assault rifle to defend himself and his property from two would-be thieves has been arrested for it.

It happened around 4 am Friday morning in the 600 block of Marigny circle when 29 year old Christopher Pitre claims he awoke to find two men trying to steal the rims off his car.

According to Pitre when he yelled at the two men to stop one of them pointed what looked like a pistol at him. At that point Pitre says he went inside and came out shooting with an AK-47 assault rifle.

According to witnesses Pitre chased the two suspects up the street, firing all the way. The suspects somehow managed to escape unhurt. Several of Pitre's stray rounds found their way into some nearby apartments. Fortunately no one was hit.

Pitre was taken into custody on charges of aggravated criminal damage to property. Sheriff's Deputies say they recovered no fewer than 26 spent shell casings.
    26 rounds...wow.

Bad decisions. Worse shot.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

26 rounds and not one hit.

Shooting at thief’s while chasing them down a city street!

Sounds to me like a case, of reckless endangerment, discharging a weapon in the city, destruction of property, and overall felony stupidly.

For public safety, this man should never be allowed to own a gun..

Basic intelligence test needed for CCL?

I bet he was using that "extra-deadly" hip shooting technique the reporters love so much.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    I bet he was using that "extra-deadly" hip shooting technique the reporters love so much.
    Hip shooting an AK how did he miss while running down the street!
    They beat down an old lady for a .38 and this idiot got to keep his AK!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cupcake View Post
    Yep, I guess he learned that life isn't like the movies. He will get in a little trouble for this I suspect. At least no one was hurt because of his stupidity.
    CRIME..... LAW DEFINES, POLICE ENFORCE, CITIZENS PREVENT!

FOUR BOXES KEEP US FREE: [1] SOAP [2] BALLOT [3] JURY [4] AMMO!

Senior Moderator
    I hope he faces endangerment charges.

This guy is an idiot who is a danger to others.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Those must be some mighty nice rims...Since when did Lafayette become Mogadishu? Chasing thieves down the street with an assault rifle blazing, sounds like a good way to find yourself in Angola.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Its a good thing he didn't have a second and third mag.....
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

VIP Member
    Where are all the Joe Horn supporters now? Old Joe left a place of safety and fired rounds in a populated area (hitting the BGs in the back in the process) in defense of someone else's property - at least this guy was shooting in defense of his own property. Would you all be condeming him if he hit and killed the two BGs?

For the record, I think both of them are criminals, but apparently many here can draw a distinction between the two that I cannot.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

I wish he would have hit them both in the head and there buddy thats waiting down the street in the get away car, then got arrested for being an idiot!! That way 4 Idiots would be gone!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links