My daughter was lucky

My daughter was lucky

This is a discussion on My daughter was lucky within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Turned out good My daughter was very lucky Wednesday. She walked in on a robbery where she works. Should have never happened. Asst. Manager needed ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My daughter was lucky

My daughter was lucky

Turned out good

My daughter was very lucky Wednesday. She walked in on a robbery where she works. Should have never happened.

Asst. Manager needed a smoke break. Supposed to go out the front and walk a round. He went out the back and turned the alarm off ???, and left the door cracked open. He then walked down the alley a ways. 4 ScumBags/BGs
    pull up in a car..between him and the door. They get out and ask for money. He says No and they proceed to beat the crap out of him. They drag him in the store and go to the managers office.

This is a cell phone store, so no one up front even knows anything is happening.

The managers office has cameras in it. So everything was recorded. The BGs have a gun and put it to the manager's head. He opens the safe and lets them have what they want...... That is when the SBs notice the cameras and proceed to pick up computer monitor... and throw it on the floor a few times ?? I guess they thought they were breaking to recorder.

My daughter hearing the noise opens the door and asks "What is going on?"
    The guy with the gun is only a few feet in the door and points the .45 at her and screams something at her. She cannot remember anything except the gun....that is all she noticed. The guy lunges at her and grabs her arm.She spins away and takes off.

Her manager screams at the guy"Don't shoot she's pregnent" (yeah, found out the day before I am going to be a GrandDaddy).....The guy does not shoot. Thank God.

Anyway, she runs on to sales floor, hits alarm, warns everyone in store and runs next door to call police.

Turns out they robbed 2 places before them...firing shots in one of them. Left their store and went to rob another store when the Leo's caught up with them. 4 guys, just got out on parole, according to Leo's.

Whew, this tough to write.

God was looking out for my little girl. She was real lucky.
    Thank You

WOW,Glad she's Ok,and they caught them!
    Anywhere, anytime !!
    I bet you want to take a bat to the parole board!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by bps3040 View Post
    ... points the .45 at her and screams something at her.
    What's your daughter's take on things? Before this encounter, did she appreciate or ignore the usefulness of and need for the ability to defend one's self? Though only a couple days ago, has anything changed since the encounter in this regard? The fact that they had just shot folks proves that you never can tell.

Ironically, it might have been the sneaking out the back (and disarming the door alarm) that saved the others in the store, since the BG's didn't have to manage several people at once and risk the higher tension of doing that. By coming in the back way, they themselves were caught a bit off-guard when she came in asking what was wrong.

Glad she's okay.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Wow. Thank God!

.....and congratulations!

WOW! What a story. I'm glad your daughter was ok. Congrats grandpa!

What the hell goes through peoples minds anyway? The suits who made the decision to let these scumbags out outta have their heads examined. Come on people pull your heads out of your as@!

GO HUSKERS!!

Luckly everything turn out to be a OK. So is/was your daughter pro guns before? Is she now?

Glad everything worked out o.k. and they caught the scumbags.

B.T.W. Congratulations on your soon to be new addition.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

YES, your daughter and now grandchild are OK!

Just out on parole....imagine that
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Senior Moderator
    Yikes!

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Glad that your daughter is OK.

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Close one! Glad everyone is ok.

Good new is that since the 4 brain surgeons were on parole when caught they should be gone for quite a while. 3 places robbed and shots fired along with the beating. I would guess that they are going away for a long time.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

3 places robbed and shots fired along with the beating. I would guess that they are going away for a long time.
    Apparently, the crimes were in Texas, as well. Is Texas a "three strikes" state? One would think these idiots would be candidates for tossing away the key.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Thank God all turned out okay for your daughter, and congratulations to all on the impending birth of your grandchild!

I hope the wheels of justice turn swiftly and unerringly for the perpetrators!

And by the way, your daughter is a real heroine in my book! She kept her wits about her, used the resources available to her in the moment, warned her co-workers and customers, called law enforcement, and ended a quite possibly long crime spree which might have escalated into the loss of innocent life. Well done!!!!

Sounds like someone raised her very well!

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    And by the way, your daughter is a real heroine in my book! She kept her wits about her, used the resources available to her in the moment, warned her co-workers and customers, called law enforcement, and ended a quite possibly long crime spree which might have escalated into the loss of innocent life. Well done!!!!

Sounds like someone raised her very well!

+1

Well done Dad.

Fitch

A fortunate ending, indeed. I don't have to tell you how badly that could have gone. Kudos to the manager for barking out the pregnant bit. It made them pause long enough for her to get away. Get that girl a gun ASAP. She'll have more than herself to look after pretty soon. Congrats.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links