Illinois State Rep. Younge Robbed at Gunpoint in Home [merged]

This is a discussion on Illinois State Rep. Younge Robbed at Gunpoint in Home [merged] within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; FOXNews.com - Illinois State Rep. Younge Robbed at Gunpoint in Home - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum Saturday, March 29, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illinois State Rep. Younge Robbed at Gunpoint in Home [merged]

Illinois State Rep. Younge Robbed at Gunpoint in Home [merged]

FOXNews.com - Illinois State Rep. Younge Robbed at Gunpoint in Home - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

Saturday, March 29, 2008

EAST ST. LOUIS, Ill. A 77-year-old Illinois state representative is happy to be alive after a man with a gun pushed his way into her home and robbed her of $7.

Wyvetter H. Younge was not injured in the robbery that occurred around noon Friday.

Younge said she thought her son had knocked on her door and opened it, but instead found an armed man. He told her to get on her hands and knees, then grabbed her purse and ran.

Younge, a Democrat, said she didn't recognize the man, who wore a red hat and red jacket and dark pants. She said she's going to pray for him.

"This robbery and what's happening to this community is the result of a lack of a supportive system for our youth. We need jobs," she said. "This happened in broad daylight at noon. We need a mental health support system. This is further evidence of that."

Illinois State Police are investigating.
    And STILL doesn't get it. What a maroon!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

She does not get part of it. Yes we do need a suportive system for our youth eg. good parents and we do need more and better jobs. However when she probably starts talking about gun control it will do NOTHING to fix either one of those problems. I have been down and out but never thought about robbing someone, Mom and Dad did not raise me that way. She is way off one the mental health thing, that in all likely hood had nothing to do with this. Youth and kids need 3 things in my opinion:Love, Discipline and Hard Work and they will probably turn out not to be armed robbers. No guarantee though.
    That being said I will say it is not easy, our three are running my wife and I ragged.

I would say that the 'youth' who robbed her in East St. Louis, IL...doesn't need a job, he already has one that pays $7 a minute...

This just in...

IL Victims 0

IL Criminals 1

What an upset...Final Score!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Younge said she thought her son had knocked on her door and opened it, but instead found an armed man.

"This robbery ... is the result of a lack of a supportive system for our youth."
    No, this robbery is the result of having opened the door blindly, believing that all good things come to one's doorstep. It's the result of having nothing but a cup of warm tea in your hand, as you opened the door. It's the result of having personally granted this criminal access to the home by taking zero precautions against danger.

Though to be fair, I'll bet her actions would have been different had the crime occurred at 12 midnight instead of 12 noon.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Moderator
    A Representative in Illinois that is blaming the "system" for the robbery.

Nothing new there...

just one of the many reasons that Illinois is hosed up...
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Illinois State Rep. Younge Robbed at Gunpoint in Home

Gotta hand it to 'em. Only a committed liberal could think like this:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Illinois State Rep. Younge Robbed at Gunpoint in Home

Saturday , March 29, 2008
    East St. Louis, Ill.
    Associated Press

A 77-year-old Illinois state representative is happy to be alive after a man with a gun pushed his way into her home and robbed her of $7.

Wyvetter H. Younge was not injured in the robbery that occurred around noon Friday.

Younge said she thought her son had knocked on her door and opened it, but instead found an armed man. He told her to get on her hands and knees, then grabbed her purse and ran.

Younge, a Democrat, said she didn't recognize the man, who wore a red hat and red jacket and dark pants. She said she's going to pray for him.

"This robbery and what's happening to this community is [sic] the result of a lack of a supportive system for our youth. We need jobs," she said. "This happened in broad daylight at noon. We need a mental health support system. This is further evidence of that."

Illinois State Police are investigating.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    A Representative in Illinois that is blaming the "system" for the robbery.
    Well, actually, the Illinois Rep. should be blaming the system. That is truly the problem. It's the system she and other Reps fail to change and improve. The fact that she and dozens of other Reps are effectively doing zilch about it should be the singular shame of her life as a Rep. Close your eyes and you get what you get.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I'm sure praying for him will fix the problem. Someone else on here has the tagline "Hope is not a plan." I would like to add, "Prayer is not a plan" to the list of things that aren't plans.

It's also interesting that she thinks that if the "poor guy" just had a job and some good meds, he wouldn't have robbed her. Utterly naive.

Maybe when my house is burglarized, I'll try to reason with the burglar and ask them to till my garden for $10/hour instead. Surely that'll work.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Perhaps she'd be better off praying for his next victim instead........

SHE'S the one who needs a Mental Health Support system

"We need jobs," she said.
    Then get out and look for them instead of robbing people.

And no whining about the economy, either. Many years ago I needed a job in a much worse economy, and I found one. That employer is still hiring today: the U.S. military.

Not that I want this type of person in the military, but the military has helped some people turn their lives around, serve their country, and be respectable citizens. IMO, it's a far better option that robbing anyone, especially old ladies.

The robber is a lazy, cowardly punk.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I am sorry. Am I missing something? She is a representative that has the power/authority to make laws thus creating the system. She has probably been in power for years. SHE IS THE SYSTEM.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Senior Member Array digitalexplr's Avatar
    Of course she forgets that since the state she is a representative has pretty well made it next to impossible for private citizens to protect themselves. Therefore folks like her assailant can be reasonably sure that any door they choose will be that of an unarmed victim.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPR View Post
    Maybe when my house is burglarized, I'll try to reason with the burglar and ask them to till my garden for $10/hour instead. Surely that'll work.
    Kimber Ultra Carry 2
    Kimber Eclipse Target 2
    Kahr PM9 (wife's edc)
    Kahr PM45, Glock 19 (3rd Gen) & DiamondBack DB9
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    Perhaps she'd be better off praying for his next victim instead........
    Exactly...what a loser...how can anyone reach that age and still be as stupid as a Chow. I wonder sometimes if there's any hope for Illinois at all.
    "Any rationally thinking person is armed" ---Hinds Co. constable John Lewis

NRA member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links