Home invasion leads to shootout in suburban WPB

This is a discussion on Home invasion leads to shootout in suburban WPB within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Home invasion leads to shootout in suburban West Palm Beach Saturday, March 29, 2008 A home invasion led to a shootout Friday night in the ...

Thread: Home invasion leads to shootout in suburban WPB

Home invasion leads to shootout in suburban WPB

Home invasion leads to shootout in suburban West Palm Beach

Saturday, March 29, 2008

A home invasion led to a shootout Friday night in the Westgate neighborhood of suburban West Palm Beach, according to the Palm Beach Sheriff's Office.

But it's not yet known whether anyone was struck by the gunfire, sheriff's office Sgt. Pete Palenzuela said.

Two armed men wearing ski masks forced their way into a house at 3662 Chickamauga Ave. at about 10:15 p.m., according to the sheriff's office.

They demanded money and assaulted the person in the house, 26-year-old Brandon Smith, who suffered injuries from being pistol-whipped.

When Smith reached into a dresser drawer to retrieve money, he instead grabbed a gun. One suspect fired his gun at Smith, and Smith shot back, the sheriff's office said.

The two suspects ran from the home and headed west on Chickamauga.

The sheriff's office said Smith continued to fire his gun and may have hit one of the men because he fell in the middle of the street, but the man got up and continued running.

The sheriff's office set up a perimeter Friday night to look for the suspects.
    Hopefully the BG shows up at the hospital with a bullet in his rear...
    and "ends" up in jail.
    Last edited by miklcolt45; March 29th, 2008 at 11:54 AM. Reason: clarification
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Bad situation, gutsy move, good outcome. Kudos to the homeowner.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

This just in...

Brandon Smith 1 (come from behind victory)

Dirtbags 0

Final Score...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by miklcolt45 View Post
    Hopefully the BG shows up at the hospital with a bullet in his rear...
    and "ends" up in jail.

Better than that, maybe he will turn up in a ditch somewhere and save the taxpayers the money.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

That transpired within a mile, mile and a half of the Wendy's restaurant shooting of recent. I have a friend that lives in that area and I'm constantly trying to get her to move away.

This exactly the reason I got my first handgun. I would have done the same and emptied all 16 rounds. This is insane! I hope he does show up dead.
    Smith and Wesson SW40VE -SOLD
    XD9 4'' -Current
    Kimber Ultra Carry II- coming

Senior Member Array Super Trucker's Avatar
    That area was questionable when I lived in WBP 15 years ago.

It's great that Brandon was still coherent enough to go for his gun after being pistol whipped. I wonder if he could have prevented the beating if he had been carrying while at home? It seems like this is where a lot of people let down their security. Good job Brandon, especially in a tight situation!

I carry on my hip til i retire for the night then my 45 goes on the night table,right next to the 12 gauge with 00 buck,I just bought a tactical light for it today.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I carry on my hip til i retire for the night then my 45 goes on the night table,right next to the 12 gauge with 00 buck,I just bought a tactical light for it today.
    +1 on carrying until you retire for the night. I live in a pretty upscale area about 30 minutes north of WPB, but recently have started carrying even while in the house, something I never did before.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

good going MR. Brandon Smith, congrats to you...

they gave his address out...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

The sheriff's office said Smith continued to fire his gun and may have hit one of the men because he fell in the middle of the street, but the man got up and continued running.
    Does this part bother anyone else?

Don't get me wrong,I'm glad it worked out for the home owner, but where did those rounds go that may NOT have hit the fleeing BG's?

Maybe the laws are different, but in Michigan, when they start to run away, as long as they aren't trying to shoot while they flee, we have to stop shooting.
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryoung001 View Post
    ..... in Michigan, when they start to run away, as long as they aren't trying to shoot while they flee, we have to stop shooting.
    Yeah, ain't that the crap. Make your first shots count.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryoung001 View Post
    Does this part bother anyone else?

Don't get me wrong,I'm glad it worked out for the home owner, but where did those rounds go that may NOT have hit the fleeing BG's?

Maybe the laws are different, but in Michigan, when they start to run away, as long as they aren't trying to shoot while they flee, we have to stop shooting.
    yes, he should have stopped shooting when he saw that they continued to run away.he should have used his phone at this time, to call police.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Links