Shucks!....Foiled Again

This is a discussion on Shucks!....Foiled Again within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm still not sure how this one will finally turn out. Looks like the BG that brought his own gasoline with him should have used ...

Thread: Shucks!....Foiled Again

Administrator

Shucks!....Foiled Again

I'm still not sure how this one will finally turn out.
    Looks like the BG that brought his own gasoline with him should have used LEAD FREE.

Attempted Robbery Leads To Shooting In Tacoma

September 29, 2005

By KOMO Staff

TACOMA - A shooting during an attempted robbery at a Tacoma auto store has sent two people to the hospital.
    Police say a clerk at the Shucks Auto Supply near 72nd and Portland streets spotted and then confronted a man putting gas into a small motorcycle in their display window.
    But the man told the clerk he was robbing the store anyway, and then pulled a gun.
    However, another customer in the store was armed, and he pulled his own gun, yelling at the suspect to drop his weapon.
    At some point, shots were then fired. Exact details are still sketchy, but the suspect ended up getting hit, as did a nearby store clerk.
    The two wounded were taken to the hospital. Initial reports are that the clerk's wound was minor, but the suspect's wound was more serious. The customer who pulled the gun on the suspect was not injured.
    The brother of the customer who had his own gun said the situation must have become dire.
    "The suspect must have done something to have it coming because Joe wouldn’t have gotten involved and risked somebody else's life if it wasn't necessary," said Karl Phillips.

Police are still investigating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Thus far it seems the good guy felt he had to act. Be most interesting to have a detailed follow up on it.

I'd like to think it was essentially a good shoot ... and am imagining the GG seeing the clerk about to be shot, and so intervening.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

I wonder how this will turn out for the shooter??? The BG was a threat to life when he pulled a gun in my opinion(but what do I know) and a good guy solved the problem. I think the good guy(shooter) did ok.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Senior Moderator
    I agree the GG did good, but if it was the GG's bullet that injured the clerk, God forbid, he is liable for the clerk's injury. Hopefully, the BG shot the clerk and it's a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    I agree the GG did good, but if it was the GG's bullet that injured the clerk, God forbid, he is liable for the clerk's injury. Hopefully, the BG shot the clerk and it's a non-issue.
    Nope, not in Washington. The BG is responsible for any repercussions--it became that way as soon as he brandished a weapon. However, although he's not legally responsible the GG will still have to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle

Hopefully the BG is not an issue either.
    Seek safety at the heart of danger.

Live Easy, Die Hard

Links