No more Pizza Hut (Merged X 2)

This is a discussion on No more Pizza Hut (Merged X 2) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; FOXNews.com - Iowa Senator to Stop Buying Pizza Hut if It Fires Delivery Man Who Shot Robber - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: No more Pizza Hut (Merged X 2)

No more Pizza Hut (Merged X 2)

FOXNews.com - Iowa Senator to Stop Buying Pizza Hut if It Fires Delivery Man Who Shot Robber - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

An Iowa state senator has vowed to stop buying Pizza Hut products if the chain fires a Des Moines delivery man who shot a teen who tried to rob him last week.

Sen. Brad Zaun, R-Urbandale, told other lawmakers that he supports the delivery man, James William Spiers, according to a report in the Des Moines Register.

"I think what he did was the right thing," Zaun said Tuesday. "If I was in a situation to protect my family, protect myself, to continue being a father, I would’ve done the same thing."

The chain has suspended Spiers pending an investigation, the Register reports.

"We have policy against carrying weapons," Vonnie Walbert, vice president of human resources at Pizza Hut's corporate offices in Dallas told the paper for a March 28 story. "We prohibit employees from carrying guns because we believe that that is the safest for everybody."

But Zaun thinks Spiers, who had a permit to carry the concealed weapon, was well within his rights when he fired the shots March 27, so Zaun is "going to be watching Pizza Hut."

Kenneth Jimmerson, 19, who was hit with three bullets, called 911 for medical help and subsequently was arrested on a charge of first-degree robbery.

2. Remove Ads

He's got my support. I don't order out for pizza very often, but I will definitely add Pizza Hut to my do not shop list if they fire him.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Distinguished Member Array Pro2A's Avatar
    Ironic this was brought up. The Pizza Hut here in town was robbed at gun point last night... so much for their "No gun policy"

Armed robber strikes at Chambersburg Pizza Hut - Chambersburg Public Opinion

Pizza Insurance?

First, God bless the delivery dude! Such a thankless job that has made my life better for decades. I'm glad he's OK, and bad guy ain't.

Second, I'll be watching Pizza Hut on this, too. I'd guess their policy is somehow motivated by insurance and liability...That seems to trump common sense and constitutionally guaranteed rights these days.

Whether I carried or not, I wouldn't work for a company that made a public statement that I would be carrying money, unarmed, and that I would meet somebody wherever they want and all they have to do is call...

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!

BG check list:
    Papa Johns, scratch
    Dominoes, scratch
    Pizza Hut, check
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

I quit buying Pizza Hut when they fired Honeycutt for defending himself legally. They didn't even answer my letter. If your not famialiar with Honeycutt, Google him.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Quote Originally Posted by BentLink View Post
    First, God bless the delivery dude! Such a thankless job that has made my life better for decades. I'm glad he's OK, and bad guy ain't.

Second, I'll be watching Pizza Hut on this, too. I'd guess their policy is somehow motivated by insurance and liability...That seems to trump common sense and constitutionally guaranteed rights these days.
    +1

I won't be eating pizza hut (lower case for lower standards). They subscribe to the "we'll put up a traffic light after enough people have died" mentallity

Plus one more no PH for me. As gun owners we need to put pressure and TELL them why!!!
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

Quote Originally Posted by Supertac45 View Post
    I quit buying Pizza Hut when they fired Honeycutt for defending himself legally. They didn't even answer my letter. If your not famialiar with Honeycutt, Google him.
    It was a few years ago...but I won't buy from Pizza Hut anymore either...their sauce went right through me anyway...no real loss!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I think the driver should be severely repremanded for not having a weapon of sufficient caliber and made to attend marksmanship classes until he is a better shot.

We buy a lot of pizza but Pizza Hut will be off the menu. We need to do the email campaign thing...
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

EW3
    "We have policy against carrying weapons," Vonnie Walbert, vice president of human resources at Pizza Hut's corporate offices in Dallas told the paper for a March 28 story. "We prohibit employees from carrying guns because we believe that that is the safest for everybody."

Translation: "We have policy against carrying weapons," Vonnie Walbert, vice president of Corporate CYA at Pizza Hut's corporate offices in Dallas told the paper for a March 28 story. "We prohibit employees from carrying guns because after all, those drivers are a dime a dozen and we can't have the Corporation get sued, you know, if one of them decides to defend himself. We'd rather just hire a replacement for the recently deceased, err, departed driver than have a lawsuit on our hands."
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" – George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

No more Pizza Hut in my house unless they re-instate the delivery driver and make him a corporate vice president along with a public apology.

VIP Member
    Since delivering Pizza Hit products is so safe, perhaps Vonnie Walbert should put his or her posterior out "where the rubber meets the road" without a weapon delivering them? One way or another, either both by biology and cowardice, or just the latter, I doubt Vonnie has the "anatomical items" to do it.

Pizza Deliverymen are incredibly easy to target, and if I recall correctly a lot of pizza places simply will not deliver to certain urban areas due to the potential for crime against their employees. Obviously this means that disarming high priority targets for BGs is the way to go.

This is just another reason to not buy pizza from Pizza Hut, the local pizza place here has better pizza anyway.

I hope that delivery guy gets a BETTER job elsewhere, someone who stands up for themselves don't need the kind of stigmatization that Pizza Hut is giving.
    People do not lack strength; they lack will. — Victor Hugo

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links