Good & Bad: Teen points BB gun at police, urges them to kill him

This is a discussion on Good & Bad: Teen points BB gun at police, urges them to kill him within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This happened in my neck of the woods. It's "good' the the boy os ok, and has a possibility of getting his life together. I ...

Thread: Good & Bad: Teen points BB gun at police, urges them to kill him

Question Good & Bad: Teen points BB gun at police, urges them to kill him

This happened in my neck of the woods. It's "good' the the boy os ok, and has a possibility of getting his life together. I think it's bad though, that non-lethal weapons are still made to look like the real thing. Am I wrong on this?
    ======================================

Daily Freeman - Teen points BB gun at police, urges them to kill him

04/05/2008
    Teen points BB gun at police, urges them to kill him
    Freeman staff

MARBLETOWN - Police on Saturday disarmed a 15-year-old boy who they said was suicidal and wanted cops to kill him.

The teen's weapon turned out to be a BB gun.

New York City Department of Environmental Protection police said they were notified about 8:35 a.m. that the boy had left his home in Olive and was suicidal. Police, using a dog, found the boy a short time later on state Route 213 in Marbletown, they said.

When officers approached the boy, he pulled a black Beretta-style gun from his shirt pocket, aimed it at one of the officers and urged them to shoot him, police said.

Police said they struggled briefly with the boy and were able to disarm him, realizing only then that the weapon was a BB gun.

The boy, whose name was not released because of his age, was taken to Benedictine Hospital in Kingston for evaluation, and criminal charges were pending, police said.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

That is just crazy. Not knowing it was a BB gun, they were either really brave or really stupid (or a little of both) to approach him to take the gun from him. Glad it worked out good though.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Should have just sent in the dog...and sloooooowly approached the scene...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Had a cousin 15years ago being a freshman in AZ was failing 1 class got depressed, went to the gun shop bought a firearm and committed suicide in his dorm room. Bad Bad all around.

I remember when I was a kid and had plastic ak-47's, M-16's, and such that looked just like the real thing. They used to sell them at toys'R'us and other toy stores...

Now all the BB guns and fake guns I see at stores are either clear, orange or rainbow.
    "Life is like a box of chocolate... You never know who you are going to shoot."

my flickr photo page

Quote Originally Posted by Balsac View Post
    Now all the BB guns and fake guns I see at stores are either clear, orange or rainbow.
    Not all. In MI a pellet gun (one that ONLY shoots pellets) is considered a firearm and must be registered. I bought one in MD, and when we moved here and found out I took it down to the PD to have them register it.

Good guys at the PD. Like 'em all. But they did make sure to let me know that I was never to do something so stupid as to wave my pellet gun at them. The thing looks incredibly realistic at anything more than few paces.

Heck, even my son's Daisy BB gun could easily be mistaken for a 1911 at less than 10 feet.

Frankly, it's got me thinking I should put some bright orange on them, or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9mm View Post
    Frankly, it's got me thinking I should put some bright orange on them, or something.
    There are many officers that got killed with real guns that were painted with orange muzzles. Saw a few videos of them in cop school. Muzzle color, etc doesn't change anything. Someone pulls a gun on me I don't care what color it is, they are getting shot.

Glad everything worked out.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    Had a cousin 15years ago being a freshman in AZ was failing 1 class got depressed, went to the gun shop bought a firearm and committed suicide in his dorm room. Bad Bad all around.
    My wife's cousin did that same thing. Got depressed, bought a shotgun and blew his brains out at the beach. I think he was in high school at the time.

My friend's girlfriend did that too. She had a history of suicide in her family. She was smelling up her apartment for like 3 days (next door to them) until they realized what the smell was. She used a shotgun too. She left a ton of dog food out for her dog to survive until someone found her.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Links