LEO Shoots High School Thug in Self Defense

This is a discussion on LEO Shoots High School Thug in Self Defense within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Glad he still had his wits about him and a back up gun, looks like ankle carry was the ticket in this situation, on the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: LEO Shoots High School Thug in Self Defense

Glad he still had his wits about him and a back up gun, looks like ankle carry was the ticket in this situation, on the ground, with your primary weapon out of action.

This punk got just what he deserved and what complete morons those fools are to think otherwise. Said to see what idiots and fools we have walking around in our society.
    They just can't understand the reality of all this. Young punk decides he'd like to smack a police officer in the head with a baseball bat, and they are surprised that the officer would defend himself. What should the officer have down ?? Wait to see how many more times this clown was going to hit him?? Too bad he didn't see the first blow coming and just shot the punk then.

2. Remove Ads

When stuff like this happens you always see the family on the news talking about what a great kid he was.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

VIP Member
    I'm sure that if this is a uniformed officer, that he had a good quality, retention-style holster. How the mag came out, in all likelihood, has little to do with the holster style.

I am curious as to whether or not he had a mag disconnect "safety" installed. This is a massively low-percentage event, granted, but wouldn't it have been better to fire the one round in the weapon, and THEN go for the BUG?

Supposition on my part, of course, but an interesting thing to ponder...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by whyipackmy45 View Post
    And a high quality holster. My mag would never fall out of my holster.
    The Mag fell out of his gun apon the draw, its not for sure if he released the mag or it fell out due to an unseated mag. The gun that he carrys WILL fire without the mag, it was the fact that he was just smacked on the head and was on the ground that he just said eff it and drew his BUG. This is fact, not just something that I came up with after reading some news.
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease."... Think about it.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Nothing like a good dose of acute lead poisoning to learn a lesson. I'm sorry that the cop hat to get hit over the head with the bat though. Well, at least the kid won't be doing that to any more LEOs.

Silvia Carrillo, whose daughter is a sophomore at Roosevelt High, said the shooting did not seem justified.

"My son and my brother went to school here too, and nothing like this ever happened. I think this wasn't enough for him to kill the kid," she said.

What would be justified? OK for the officer to respond after he is dead? Or maybe she thought he should be Wyatt Earp and shoot the bat out his hands?

This will never end until parents start being parents.

Mag fell out of the gun... Murphy at work again.

BUG folks, BUG !!!!!!!!!!!!

As a sidenote, we had an incident at the local HS where a student was disorderly, got tased and ripped the them out and came back for more. The second time the contacts evidently seated alot better...

This was a big kid and the officer had no choice but to shoot. If the Carillo woman was hit in the head with a baseball bat what would she do. She would most likely lay there while this thug hit her in the head again . some people don't use common sense.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links