Scores Killed, Hundreds Injured As Para-Military Extremists Riot

This is a discussion on Scores Killed, Hundreds Injured As Para-Military Extremists Riot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Found this it's old but it is April 20th so thought it may be worthy of the read. Moderators please move this where it needs ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scores Killed, Hundreds Injured As Para-Military Extremists Riot

Scores Killed, Hundreds Injured As Para-Military Extremists Riot

Found this it's old but it is April 20th so thought it may be worthy of the read. Moderators please move this where it needs to be, I was unsure of where to post old news stories

Articles

BOSTON, April 20 - National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed on April 19th by elements of a para-military extremist faction. Military and law enforcement sources estimated that 72 were killed and more than 20 injured before government forces were compelled to withdraw.

Speaking after the clash, Massachusetts Governor Thomas Gage declared that the extremist faction, which was made up of local citizens, has links to the radical right-wing tax protest movement. Gage blamed the extremists for recent incidents of vandalism directed against internal revenue offices.

The governor, who described the group's organizers as "criminals," issued an executive order authorizing the summary arrest of any individual who has interfered with the government's efforts to secure law and order.

The military raid on the extremist arsenal followed wide-spread refusal by the local citizenry to turn over recently outlawed assault weapons. Gage issued a ban on military-style assault weapons and ammunition earlier in the week. This decision followed a meeting in early April between government and military leaders at which the governor authorized the forcible confiscation of illegal arms. One government official, speaking on condition of anonymity, pointed out that "none of these people would have been killed had the extremists obeyed the law and turned their weapons over voluntarily."

"Government troops initially succeeded in confiscating a large supply of outlawed weapons and ammunition. However, troops attempting to seize arms and ammunition in Lexington met with resistance from heavily-armed extremists who had been tipped off regarding the government's plans.

During a tense standoff in Lexington's town park, National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation, ordered the armed group to surrender and return to their homes. The impasse was broken by a single shot, which was reportedly fired by one of the right-wing extremists. Eight civilians were killed in the ensuing exchange.

Ironically, the local citizenry blamed government forces rather than the extremists for the civilian deaths. Before order could be restored, armed citizens from surrounding areas had descended upon the guard units. Colonel Smith, finding his forces overmatched by the armed mob, ordered a retreat.

Governor Gage has called upon citizens to support the state/national joint task force in its effort to restore law and order. The governor has also demanded the surrender of those responsible for planning and leading the attack against the government troops. Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock, who have been identified as "ringleaders" of the extremist faction, remain at large.
    A more detailed and accurate account can be found at Wikipedia, The Battles of Lexington and Concord
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

2. Remove Ads

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    Nice!

Lead Moderator
    Cute!

But the troops were regulars, not National Guard.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Senior Moderator
    But the troops were regulars, not National Guard.
    Actually, since they were citizens and not full time army, that would class them as Militia.

There was no "National Guard" back then.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

For a minute.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

Very well done. The play on words (National Guard) simply attracted attention.

I wonder how many on SCOTUS or those at power in D.C. would consider Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock as criminals or BG's.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

argh.... had me a sec.

And you think that the South will give up all the guns?...

NEVER!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

1943 - 2009

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

If you really think about it we are always only one law away from being a criminal,if they outlaw ammo if i don't turn in my ammo i'm a criminal,same as guns,or knives longer than 4 inches or walking down the street with only one shoe
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Actually, since they were citizens and not full time army, that would class them as Militia.

BOSTON, April 20 - National Guard units seeking to confiscate a cache of recently banned assault weapons were ambushed on April 19th by elements of a para-military extremist faction.
    Nope, these were British regulars.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post

The National Guard reference was to the Brits, not the Americans: "National Guard Colonel Francis Smith, commander of the government operation..."

I'm not sure why that term was used, since a) it was in reference to the Brits, and b) as you say, there was no "National Guard" at that time.

Regardless, it was an interesting read from a modern perspective.
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

So it is. Looks like someone posts it every year. Sorry
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post

I wonder how many on SCOTUS or those at power in D.C. would consider Samuel Adams, Paul Revere, and John Hancock as criminals or BG's.

Well there is no doubt that they were traitors. They advocated rebellion and took up arms against the lawful government. The only reason we see them as heroes is that they won. If the rebellion failed we would probably have memorials to Benedict Arnold in our capital city of Cornwallis. Washington would probably be viewed much as Robert E. Lee is, and the rest of them regarded much as say, Jefferson Davis is.
    Thats the neat thing about history, the winners get to write the history books.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

You got me bro! I was wondering why this wasn't front page news.
    Kahr K9
    Sig P239 9mm DAK
    Sig P229 .40 SAS GenII
    Sig P250 9mm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links