Good and Bad: JAGSonville, FL

This is a discussion on Good and Bad: JAGSonville, FL within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Jacksonville.com first shot good second shot bad...

Thread: Good and Bad: JAGSonville, FL

Jacksonville.com

first shot good

second shot bad

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Not so sure about that. He had no idea if the perp was going to turn and shoot at him.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Distinguished Member
    Maybe he need to invest in a new carry weapon called "the JUDGE", might'a made the first shot count.

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Bravo Zulu on the car wash manager on saving his own life and "hooking his attacker up". I also am leaning towards the second shot wasn't 'bad'. after being stabbed I'd imagine he was gonna shoot til his attacker dropped

I'm getting very leary about going in and out of J-ville. Sunday afternoon a young woman was raped at the Avenues Mall (the "nice, upscale shopping experience") . Young woman raped inside Avenues Mall bathroom - FOX30Online.com Jacksonville News Leader

Shoplifters are shooting the cops persueing them.... http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...pect-dead.html

I've got more than story of people I know personally getting caught up in the 'stuff' here....http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...nt-movies.html

It seems every city is suffering through an upturn in violent criminal activity, Chicago, Philly. are examples WRT current threads and criminal violence of action.

Here's hoping every fence riding American realizes that it's up to 'us', each individual, to insure thier safty.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

"Stabbed several times" means he had a possibility of passing out with the attacker coming back and finishing the job. I consider the second shot within the stand your ground laws and, evidently, the police did also.
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    What's this about "chambering a round", then shooting to stop a knife attack? Of course, the good guy did get stabbed, fortunately not severely.

Gotta be scary as hell. I think if I were him I would keep a round chambered.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Sponsored Links