Bank Teller Expecting Twins Shot During Indianapolis Robbery

This is a discussion on Bank Teller Expecting Twins Shot During Indianapolis Robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; FOXNews.com - Bank Teller Expecting Twins Shot During Indianapolis Robbery - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News Bank Teller Expecting ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bank Teller Expecting Twins Shot During Indianapolis Robbery

FOXNews.com - Bank Teller Expecting Twins Shot During Indianapolis Robbery - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

INDIANAPOLIS A bank teller pregnant with twins was shot in the lower stomach during a robbery Tuesday that set off a massive police search on the city's east side.

Indianapolis police spokesman Lt. Jeff Duhamell said the teller was in serious to critical condition but was alert when taken to a hospital.

"This is senseless. Some poor lady, trying to make a living, pregnant, shot by a man without any provocation," said Indianapolis Police Chief Michael Spears.

The robbery at the Huntington Bank near 21st Street and Post Road was reported shortly after 9:30 a.m.

Officers and police dogs were combing streets and a large field behind the bank.

Warren Township schools were locked down in the area while the gunman was being sought. Police said the suspect jumped into the passenger side of a car to get away, suggesting that more people were involved in the robbery.

Duhamell said it is unusual for bank robbers to shoot people because tellers are trained to simply hand over the cash.

One customer and three employees were in the bank during the robbery, a Huntington spokeswoman said.
    Words cannot express my rage!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    I always gasp and thank my lucky stars when I read something like this. Early in our marriage my wife was head teller at her branch. The branch was only robbed once, but that scared the **** out of me.

On a slightly lighter side, when she was testifying in court she was asked by the defense attorney why she set off the alarm. She said that she could not conceive it appropriate for someone wearing a ski mask to be on her side of the counter. He then asked her to describe the gun. She described it as huge with a long barrel and a big hole in the end. When the attorney showed her the snubby she agreed that was it. She is not gun savvy so I guess every gun pointed at you is huge. Everything worked out well. No shots fired. BG back into prision. He had just gotten out for ... you guessed it, bank robbery.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Now days today there is just little to nothing that is out of bounds.
    In the old days various things were out of bounds, like pregnant women.
    No longer.
    This is like the 10th story of criminal victimization toward a pregnant woman in specific that I have seen in the past 6 mos.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Just terrible. I hope they catch him and throw the book at him.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    I like to shoot him just a little lower than his stomach or maybe 15-18 inches higher.........like his stupid head. My prayers for the lady.....and the twins..
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

I'm thinking three strikes law shouldn't be about doing life in prison three strikes should be third strike you are out,dragged out back of courthouse and shot in the head til dead,people talk about people on death row being innocent,almost everyone has a rap sheet as long as you're arm before they got there.An innocent man might get charged and convicted of a crime he didn't commit but he won't have a lengthy criminal history either.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar
    Wow, hard to describe my feelings on this one. Hopefully the BG will be caught in short order, and a quick meeting with his maker will ensue. Not too hard to figure out which way that decision will fall.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

Just give them what they want and things will be OK?
    Yeah right!

Hope someone makes this guy suffer before termination of his life...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'd like to have him, and have complete freedom to punish him.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

VIP Member
    Absolutely awful!

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Uhhmmm..... I thought banks were "gun free zones"?? How could she have possibly been shot there?

One seriously deranged BG. What else could explain it? Nothing, however, could make me sympathetic to him in court. He needs to be dead.
    Last edited by mojust; April 23rd, 2008 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mojust View Post
    One seriously derange BG. What else could explain it? Nothing, however, could make me sympathetic to him in court. He needs to be dead.
    That's about it!!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Bank Posted

My bank has no posted signs.
    "Politicians and Bureaucrats, depend very much on the complicity of their victims, and like criminals, are flummoxed when we don't play the victim role."

this is some terrible news...unfortunately its the sign of the times now,,i always carry in my bank ,,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links