Deputy facing manslaughter kills self. Brother kills self/gf too.

This is a discussion on Deputy facing manslaughter kills self. Brother kills self/gf too. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The sheriff's shooting of a motorist several weeks ago in Palm Beach county, FL as reported didn't sound right. The truth was about to come ...

Thread: Deputy facing manslaughter kills self. Brother kills self/gf too.

The sheriff's shooting of a motorist several weeks ago in Palm Beach county, FL as reported didn't sound right. The truth was about to come out;

PBSO deputy who killed himself is brother of man who jumped from WPB building

By ALLYSON BIRD Palm Beach Post Staff Writer Wednesday, April 23, 2008

A Palm Beach County sheriff's deputy - whose flamboyant brother killed his girlfriend before leaping to his death a year ago - faced potential manslaughter charges himself and Monday night torched his car and apartment before shooting himself in the head.

West Palm Beach police found 38-year-old Samuel Peixoto's body on the living room floor inside the Windward Apartments shortly before midnight yesterday, with a handgun lying nearby. Peixoto poured gasoline on his car and inside his apartment before setting both on fire and then shot himself with a Glock that was not his department-issued gun, according to West Palm Beach Police Capt. Pat Maney.

Peixoto's brother, Helder "Sonny" Peixoto, was a former Massachusetts transit cop who jumped from a West Palm Beach condominium in May. Police believe that suicide occurred just after Helder Peixoto killed his ex-girlfriend, Amity Kozak, with a hammer.

Just weeks ago, and just months after another questionable shooting, Samuel Peixoto fired on a motorist during a traffic stop on Forest Hill Boulevard after the passenger allegedly slashed him in the hand.

Marino Sarbelio Ramos, 35, died from multiple gunshot wounds, according to sheriff's officials. Peixoto was treated at Wellington Regional Medical Center for scratches and puncture wounds.

The sheriff's office initially said Peixoto acted in self-defense but its criminal investigations and internal affairs divisions had recently determined the shooting "do not transpire as it was originally reported by the deputy," Sheriff Ric Bradshaw said Tuesday. Investigators planned to take their findings to a grand jury, and Peixoto would have likely faced charges of manslaughter and evidence tampering charges, Bradshaw said.

Peixoto was placed on administrative leave just months earlier from another shooting that remains under investigation as well. No one was injured in that incident.

The criminal investigations and internal affairs findings will not be complete until next week, Bradshaw said.

Investigators believe Peixoto set fire to his car and apartment prior to shooting himself Tuesday night. West Palm Beach Police continue to investigate Samuel Peixoto's death at the apartments at 1441 Brandywine Road, off Palm Beach Lakes Boulevard in the Villages.

Peixoto joined the sheriff's office in April 2006, has been on paid leave since the shooting. His personnel file contains no disciplinary actions and three letters of praise.

Helder 'Sonny' Peixoto (left) and Amity Kozak

Hotheads. Must run in the family. Or they were both cranked up on crystal meth. Something's wrong here.

Sometimes things take care of themselves. Sometimes this lightens the already overburdening case load of the judicial system. That's just my view of things-I apologize if that offends anyone.

Marino Sarbelio Ramos, 35, died from multiple gunshot wounds
    I don't know why, but I feel like the victim in the traffic stop was the motorist stopped by the Deputy. I hope I'm wrong but we may never know

Quote Originally Posted by mojust View Post
    Hotheads. Must run in the family. Something's wrong here.

Yeah, their genes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Sometimes things take care of themselves. Sometimes this lightens the already overburdening case load of the judicial system. That's just my view of things-I apologize if that offends anyone.
    I agree.
    No need to apologize for stating your views, something in the bill of rights about that!
    Article one as a matter of fact. The founders were smart enough to add article two, among others as well.

I wonder why they called the brother "flamboyant"

Someone that hits their girlfriend in the head with a hammer and jumps off a balcony is not "flamboyant" in my book. The staff writer needs a few more English classes.
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

"Someone that hits their girlfriend in the head with a hammer and jumps off a balcony is not "flamboyant" in my book."

Scumbag is a better term to describe that guy.

Scumbag is too nice a term and insulting to other scumbags, he is a @#$*@%#$?~@ !

Good riddance to bad rubbish...I hope their parents didn't have any more kids.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

i dont know if they were both on meth,or they both had brain tumors.
    i think its one or the other here.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Like any other job,there are good cops and bad cops.I know a man that has been a firefighter over 30 years.He would often laugh and tell me stories about his co-workers.He said he is always amused at the public perception of firefighters, that they are all heroes.He said many are good people.But in the same breath he said you will also find every kind of nutcase you want.Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    Like any other job,there are good cops and bad cops.I know a man that has been a firefighter over 30 years.He would often laugh and tell me stories about his co-workers.He said he is always amused at the public perception of firefighters, that they are all heroes.He said many are good people.But in the same breath he said you will also find every kind of nutcase you want.Such is life.
    I'll second his opinion...at least as far as the military goes.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Update

My suspicions were correct - the deputy self inflicted his wounds to hide a manslaughter during a traffic stop;

Deputy who killed himself faced charges of killing Guatemalan immigrant

By KELLY WOLFE Palm Beach Post Staff Writer Friday, May 02, 2008

WEST PALM BEACH- A deputy sheriff who shot a man at a routine traffic stop in March faced charges of manslaughter and evidence tampering, an internal investigation by the Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office shows.

The 11-page report, released today, said Deputy Samuel Peixoto was not stabbed by a passenger in a white work van, as he told colleagues. Instead, Peixoto's wounds were "more typical of a self-inflicted manner of injury."

Peixoto shot Marino Sarbelio Ramos, an immigrant construction worker with a wife and four children back in Guatemala, after, he said, Ramos stabbed him five times in the hand with a butterfly knife.

But during the sheriff's investigation, Peixoto couldn't address dozens upon dozens of questions as he walked again through the scene on Forest Hill Boulevard in suburban West Palm Beach.

"I felt like a couple, uh stabbings and I I drew my weapon and fired at the suspect," the report said Peixoto told investigators.

On April 22, Peixoto, 38, set his car and West Palm Beach apartment on fire before fatally shooting himself in the head, police said. He did so after reportedly learning that the sheriff's office and prosecutors planned to float their findings to a grand jury

Sponsored Links