GOOD: Shots Fired During Home Invasion - Statesville, NC

This is a discussion on GOOD: Shots Fired During Home Invasion - Statesville, NC within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Shots Fired During Statesville Home Invasion - Charlotte News Story - WSOC Charlotte STATESVILLE, N.C. -- Statesville officers drove slowly and watched closely as they ...

Thread: GOOD: Shots Fired During Home Invasion - Statesville, NC

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

GOOD: Shots Fired During Home Invasion - Statesville, NC

Shots Fired During Statesville Home Invasion - Charlotte News Story - WSOC Charlotte

STATESVILLE, N.C. -- Statesville officers drove slowly and watched closely as they patrolled the neighborhood where gunshots erupted along School Street on Wednesday afternoon. A day care center is just yards away.

Margaret Campbell, a concerned neighbor, said, "It's dangerous for the day care and the neighbors. I'm a senior citizen I can't walk fast, much less run."

Detectives said the frightening incident started when a man with a gun broke into a house, demanded money and then fired a warning shot. That's when a robbery turned into a shootout.

According to detectives, the gunman shot at the house while he ran away. At the same time, two of the victims inside shot at the robber.

Statesville Police Lt. Bill Halliburton explained why he doesn't see crimes like this very often.

"To commit a home invasion in the middle of the day, with people that possible know you, it's pretty brazen for him to do that," he said.

Halliburton said hes thankful no one was injured in the shooting.

Campbell said she is just upset violence is in her neighborhood.

"I'm really appalled at what happened, and I'm disturbed about it because I have great grandchildren coming up now," she said.

Detectives said they're following leads and hope to have a suspect and make an arrest soon.
    Good on the residents for defending themselves. Would have been better if a couple of their shots had found the mark.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array InspectorGadget's Avatar
    How dare the Big Meanie with a gun try at take someones life because they chose BG as a career choice. Doesn't he know he is supposed to sit quietly and cry while his wife and daughters are raped and killed. How dare he defend his family and himself from the poor innocent BG just trying to steal a quick buck.

OK seriously: good try even is he didn't hit BG, but at least it serves as a warning not to return to that house. .45 cal castration can solve a lot of future problems.
    Colt 1911 New Agent, CTLaser

You do not work for them, they work for you.
    Senators http://senate.gov/general/contact_in...nators_cfm.cfm
    Congressmen http://www.house.gov/house/MemberWWW_by_State.shtml

yep, my two parents are now armed and trained. Mom has been a "gun packin' granny" for a few months ago.
    Attention BG....THEIR home is protected by two .38 specials. So choose carefully.

Surgeons warning " being a BG can be dangerous to YOUR health." Don't think all 70 year olds are "instant victims", they can't run fast...just makes their use of lethal force an easier then mine because i'm younger and stronger.

...from the news article...

...According to detectives, the gunman shot at the house while he ran away...

Some say not to shoot at the BG as he is leaving? Here is an example of why not to do so could have still ended with a deadly result for some inside the home...

Keep shooting until the threat is stopped...and that does not necessarily mean as the BG is running away from the scene.

OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links