GOOD: Robbery Victim Shoots Attacker - Queens, NY

This is a discussion on GOOD: Robbery Victim Shoots Attacker - Queens, NY within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Robbery victim kills intruder The victim of a robbery in Queens fatally shot one of the three intruders early Tuesday morning with a gun they ...

Thread: GOOD: Robbery Victim Shoots Attacker - Queens, NY

Distinguished Member Array CT-Mike's Avatar

GOOD: Robbery Victim Shoots Attacker - Queens, NY

Robbery victim kills intruder

The victim of a robbery in Queens fatally shot one of the three intruders early Tuesday morning with a gun they left behind, police said.

A man and his girlfriend were returning to their Middle Village apartment about 4:50 a.m. when they were confronted by three men, police said.

According to the victim, the men forced the couple into the apartment, where they tied them up with plans to rob the place, cops said.

Somehow, the victim was able to get loose and grab a gun one of the suspects had left unattended, he told police. He shot one of his attackers in the head, killing him.

The other two fled.

No arrests had been made last night.

Police continued to question the victim, who neighbors said kept odd hours and was unfriendly.

"We didn't think they belonged in a neighborhood like this," said one neighbor in the family friendly area. "No one ever said hello or goodbye to them, and we preferred it that way."
    Doesn't sound like the victims neighbor's were all that neighborly. The statement "We didn't think they belonged in a neighborhood like this" is one of the most crass things I have ever heard.
    "The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield, and government to gain ground."

- Thomas Jefferson

"I'm the arrow, you're my bow, shoot me forth and I will go"

"Do not let any individual posts put a knot in your Big Boy Under-Roos"

2. Remove Ads

This just in...

Apartment Dweller 3

Dirtbags 0 (one player assesed a permanent penalty)

Final Score...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CT-Mike View Post
    Robbery victim kills intruderDoesn't sound like the victims neighbor's were all that neighborly. The statement "We didn't think they belonged in a neighborhood like this" is one of the most crass things I have ever heard.
    Wow, I've got to agree on that; I know we don't know the whole story, but...wow.

And as for the rocket-scientist criminal who left the firearm laying around so that the victim could get to it...priceless. Darwin Award, anyone?

Sounds to me like it mighta been a dope dealer getting robbed by people looking for money or drugs or both,Here in South Texas they have home invasion robberies in upscale neighborhoods all the time and they usually end up finding large quantity's of drugs at the location
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Sounds to me like it mighta been a dope dealer getting robbed by people looking for money or drugs or both,Here in South Texas they have home invasion robberies in upscale neighborhoods all the time and they usually end up finding large quantity's of drugs at the location
    Yes, it could be...or it could just be a guy who works the night shift and is of a sour disposition. I'll wait and see....

Yup, leaving a gun unattended sounds like a mistake brought on by the lack of oxygen to the brain. Fortunately, the victim was able to properly oxygenate the perp's brain!

Mel
    The Ethics of Liberty
    LewRockwell.com
    The Survival Podcast
    How long have we watered the Tree of Deceit with the blood of patriots?

Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    Yes, it could be...or it could just be a guy who works the night shift and is of a sour disposition. I'll wait and see....
    All too often the facts come out long after the media first sparks our interest. His neighbors? Naww... have you ever lived in NYC? Most people don't know their neighbors and are prone to make snap judgments and have suspicions about anyone who doesn't look or act like they do. It's a self-preservation issue. As you said - we'll see.

Links