BAD: "Any delivery is the potential for a robbery." Portsmouth, VA

This is a discussion on BAD: "Any delivery is the potential for a robbery." Portsmouth, VA within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; WTKR NewsChannel 3: News, Weather and Traffic in Hampton Roads and North Carolina | "Any delivery is the potential for a robbery." Portsmouth (VA) police ...

Thread: BAD: "Any delivery is the potential for a robbery." Portsmouth, VA

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

BAD: "Any delivery is the potential for a robbery." Portsmouth, VA

WTKR NewsChannel 3: News, Weather and Traffic in Hampton Roads and North Carolina | "Any delivery is the potential for a robbery."

Portsmouth (VA) police say 50-year-old Robert Kiesewetter, of Portsmouth, was shot and killed late Friday night while making a delivery.

"Any delivery driver that either gets robbed, hurt or especially murdered we feel a little bit angry about it because it could have easily been us," said Steven Savage, the Hampton Roads representative of the American Union of Pizza Delivery Drivers.

Savage BELIEVES the person that shot and killed Kiesewetter was trying to rob him of his cash.

"Any delivery is the potential for a robbery so you should never let your guard down," said Savage.

Portsmouth police don't have anyone in custody.

If you know anything call the Crime Line at 1888-Lock-U-Up
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    "Any delivery is the potential for a robbery so you should never let your guard down," said Savage."

Unfortunately that is very true. Having a weapon may not have saved his life, but it may well have. I think it is time for all families of any type of delivery drive to hold companys accountable if they refuse to allow drivers to go armed. If your robed, injured or killed the company should be held liable for damages, lost wages, medical bills for the victem, as well as counselling of the family. Maybe when they start getting hit where it counts (profits) they will wake up!

Quite true. There are many instances where employers place their employees in harm's way for the sake of profits. Take convienience store clerks pulling the graveyard (how appropriate is that name?). Anyone with a CWP should be allowed to carry on the job. If it becomes generally known that SOME employees in a profession may be armed such knowledge would be a deterrent to all but the most desperate of aggressors.

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Having escape Portsmouth just a few years ago I'm interested in where this happened.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

Just read an updated article, that is the exact block my ex-wife used to live on with my kids. I am NOT surprised at all.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

srg
    I won't be ordering Pizza Hut pizza anymore, since they fired the driver that successfully defended himself. In doing so they also drew a nice target on the back of many of their drivers, since it's out there now that they aren't allowed to carry.

srg

WTH, they don't have anyone in custody? What about the person that ordered the pizza? That would be the first person to look at.

Somebody should have Vonnie Walbert, from Pizza Hut, call this man's family and explain to them that it was better for everyone that he wasn't carrying a gun to defend himself and was killed, at least the robber wasn't hurt!
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    "Any delivery is the potential for a robbery so you should never let your guard down," said Savage."
    Any exchange with people you don't know holds a potential for robbery, or worse.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by alfack View Post
    WTH, they don't have anyone in custody? What about the person that ordered the pizza? That would be the first person to look at.
    I was thinking that myself.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

VIP Member
    Does anyone know for which pizza place the victim worked, or did I miss it? Either way, I agree that Pizza Hut should have this story emailed to them about two-hundred thousand or more times over the next several days....

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Free American View Post
    Having escape Portsmouth just a few years ago I'm interested in where this happened.
    Yes, I also escaped the land of enchanted beggars a few years ago. Churchland, Craneybrook apartments.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by alfack View Post
    The call was probably made from a stolen cell phone.

Maybe it was just really bad pizza?
    The dirtbags doing this value nothing...could have been for a few dollars or bad pizza...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

paramedic...those are the apartments the shooting happened at. 5600 block is the section closest to Churchland Academy. God pray you DID NOT know my ex wife. She was after all a crackhead.

Links