"Man killed across from Miami Jackson High"

This is a discussion on "Man killed across from Miami Jackson High" within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 1. Up North they blame the seasonal hot weather for more "heated" arguments and shoot outs, here it seems to be year round. 2. It ...

Thread: "Man killed across from Miami Jackson High"

1. Up North they blame the seasonal hot weather for more "heated" arguments and shoot outs, here it seems to be year round.

2. It must be tough being a student trying to learning with all these lockdowns going on.

BY ERIKA BERAS AND DAVID OVALLE dovalle@MiamiHerald.com

A man was shot dead Wednesday morning after an argument inside a pawn shop across from Miami Jackson High, police said.

The school has been put on lockdown as a precaution, said Miami Detective Delrish Moss,a spokesman.

''The shooting has nothing to do with the school,'' Moss said.

The unidentified victim was seen arguing with his assailant inside Rey's Gold and Cash Jewelery at Northwest 17th Avenue and 36th Street, Moss said. The shooter followed the victim outside the shop and fired at him six or seven times in the middle of the street, Moss said.

Miami paramedics arrived but the man -- who was unarmed -- was already dead. Police are diverting traffic from the area while they process the crime scene and wait for the medical examiner's office.

The relationship between the victim and the shooter was not immediately clear. ''The fact that they were having a conversation shows that they may know each other,'' Moss said.

The pawn shop shares the building with a tattoo parlor.

Happens all day... everyday...

This place is a sespool
    "Life is like a box of chocolate... You never know who you are going to shoot."

my flickr photo page

Are you surprised? In front of Miami Jackson High? I left Nof Dade in the 70's...
    Broward County went from orange groves to concrete jungle and is suffering now as well....I only go back to leave....via FLL

Miami Jackson High School, across from a tattoo parlor and a pawnshop...Wow! Sound like a great area for a picnic...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I teach at Miami Jackson High! I got a call from a buddy of mine on my cell asking if I had a view of the body from my classroom which sits on that side of the school facing 36th street. Too bad I was AT HOME, sick. Many of my kids saw it and they were reacting like this: Just 'nother day in the 'Hood! No big deal. But this is taking a toll on the sheep who teach there.

Just a couple of weeks ago a teacher was car jacked in the faculty parking lot. Had a gun shoved in her face while the punk ripped off her nice new car. She still hasn't returned to work. It all happened right next to my car. She was parked next to me. When I left work that day, I had to ask the cops if they'd move their cars and the crime scene tape so I could drive home. One of the cops on the scene had looked at my car pretty carefully and was tapping my decals using his forefinger and looking at me with a raised eyebrow. LOL He was looking at my decals that say I'm an NRA certified firearms Instructor as well as the H&K sticker and the LIFE MEMBER NRA sticker as well as the IDPA sticker ... all of them clustered at the corners of my rear window.

Apparently the little thug passed her in the lot headed the other way but as soon as they passed each other he swung around behind her and closed the distance for the attack. Typical sheep she had no perimeter awareness and was taken by complete surprise. The cop looked at me and in a conversational tone said that had I been getting into my car at the same time, there is no way the punk would have tried it. Gee Thanks. Make me feel soooo good about working late!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Sponsored Links