Baltimore Woman Shot in Head, Killed, for Refusing to Give Man Cigarette

This is a discussion on Baltimore Woman Shot in Head, Killed, for Refusing to Give Man Cigarette within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; BALTIMORE Baltimore police said a city woman was shot in the head and killed after she and her companion refused to give a man ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baltimore Woman Shot in Head, Killed, for Refusing to Give Man Cigarette

Baltimore Woman Shot in Head, Killed, for Refusing to Give Man Cigarette

BALTIMORE Baltimore police said a city woman was shot in the head and killed after she and her companion refused to give a man a cigarette.

29-year-old Dawn Shipley and a male friend were approached by a man asking for a cigarette shortly before 1 a.m. Saturday, according to police. When he was refused, the man drew a gun and shot Shipley. Her friend was not hurt.

Shipley died later at an area hospital.

Her loved ones held a candlelight vigil Sunday at the location where the shooting took place.
    Over a dang cigarette.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Reborn's Avatar
    Smoking kills..........its right on the package. I am NO longer amazed at all the morons that live in the world.
    Psalms 144:1
    Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.
    Senior Instructor for Tactical and Defensive of Texas
    http://www.tac-def-tx.com/
    CHL INSTRUCTOR
    Retired LEO
    NRA member
    TCHA member

We used to have a saying in the Navy...and it's still true.

"Nothing good happens after Midnight."
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Now Shipley is dead but her killer will die of natural causes, and we all know this because we are positive that he won't be executed for this.
    Doesn't this say just as much about us as a civilization as it does about the shooter? He does it, we allow it.
    How much will it cost to keep shooter behind bars. Can finish college in there if he likes, can wander around to the TV room and watch Law and Order.
    Shipley can't. We could not protect her and we won't even avenge her death.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

I agree these people that kill on a whim and show no remorse when given the death penalty are the ones that start crying about cruel and inhuman punishment,I say let the victims familys pick the way they die i'm kinda gearing toward the braveheart method where they stake him out and disembowel him
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

This is so sickening, its almost that they are just looking for a reason to kill someone.

Dukalmighty, you're right. Something has to be done.
    Get a map of Florida, draw a line and separate North and South Florida, and look at crime numbers just in South Florida alone, and although Fla does have capital punishment and does execute, things are out of control down there.
    Something happening every single second.
    I hope the people in Congress and state legislatures end up having a real war on crime. That has not happened yet. We supposedly have/had a war on drugs. I hope it is more effective than that.
    We can deal with these violent savages, if we just WOULD.
    Surrounded and outnumbered, Marine Col Lewis Puller: "Good! We finally got 'em where we want 'em!" (Korea, 1950)

Administrator
    Things get more bizarre every day.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Florida? Sad to say...crime is moving north...Orlando isn't much better than Southern Florida...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Bal'more is a bad town. you don't stop at stop lights afterhours or ran the risk being a victim of crime.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

The question is...Does this story cause you to re-evaluate your planned responses to requests for "cancer sticks" or money on the street?
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    The question is...Does this story cause you to re-evaluate your planned responses to requests for "cancer sticks" or money on the street?
    Not really. I stay in high alert regardless of the situation. It can be a drain on your senses sometimes, but that is my responsibility as a husband and a father.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Distinguished Member Array P7fanatic's Avatar

Cool

The 'Guillotine' would make a fine impression in my opinion.

"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance." -Thomas Jefferson

"Liberalism is a Mental Disorder." -Michael Savage

GOOD Gun Control is being able to hit your target! -Myself

I don't think it changes anyone's actions on the streets about people coming up to you etc because that would not be normal. We would be cringing around town every time someone approached us just to walk nearby.
    I think that there is no way to prevent certain scenarios like that one. A rookie cop, LAPD, husband is LA firefighter, she was on her third day out, daytime, small group of guys lying on grass in a park, drinking beer. The training Sgt said, well, I will let you handle this easy one. She gets out and approaches them and one of them pulls a handgun and kills her instantly.
    There was no way to guard against that, and there was no way to guard against this savage asking for a cigarette. It is very very tragic and sad but guarding against it? No.
    And changing how we readers are going to act? I don't think so.
    One thing I know for sure is that the assailant needs to be executed, without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    I treat any casual encounters as a "size me up" by a potential BG or a BG's accomplice watching from a distance.

My awareness has risen exponentially just by the news headlines every day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links