Carjacking and armed robberies

This is a discussion on Carjacking and armed robberies within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Doesn't just happen in Miami, fortunately no one was shot or killed. SALT LAKE CITY - Three different businesses were robbed at gunpoint in the ...

Thread: Carjacking and armed robberies

Carjacking and armed robberies

Doesn't just happen in Miami, fortunately no one was shot or killed.

SALT LAKE CITY - Three different businesses were robbed at gunpoint in the Avenues section of Salt Lake City on Monday night -- which followed a carjacking nearby.

According to authorities, a man hijacked a car on Main Street in Salt Lake City and was then accompanied by a few of his friends. The group then drove to the Avenues, jumped from the vehicle and hit three businesses.

A Subway sandwich shop, Henries Cleaners and a hair salon were all hit by the robbers -- who police believe were armed. In addition, a woman walking nearby was also robbed at gunpoint by one of the men.

Authorities said one person was hurt -- a clerk at one of the businesses -- when one of the suspects pistol-whipped her.

The suspects are described as three or four Polynesian men riding in a light-colored SUV -- perhaps a Chevrolet Tahoe.
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    The suspects are described as three or four Polynesian men riding in a light-colored SUV -- perhaps a Chevrolet Tahoe
    I have to admit that is one description I was not expecting to see coming from Utah.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

There is actually a pretty decent polynesian crowd in SLC. Samoans and Tongans primarily.
    "You gonna do something about it or just stand there and bleed?" -Wyatt Earp

Most of the Polynesian community here is very respected and are very friendly, but just like any other culture there is that one percent that makes it bad for everyone else.
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

VIP Member
    A Subway sandwich shop, Henries Cleaners and a hair salon were all hit by the robbers -- who police believe were armed. In addition, a woman walking nearby was also robbed at gunpoint by one of the men.
    Authorities said one person was hurt -- a clerk at one of the businesses -- when one of the suspects pistol-whipped

GEEZ....I wonder what makes them think the BG's might have been armed?

The car I have has auto lock doors and I always pull my shirt up over the seat belt so I can access my gun if needed without messing with the seat belt

Links