Authorities Investigate Second Shooting Targeting Indiana School Principal

This is a discussion on Authorities Investigate Second Shooting Targeting Indiana School Principal within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; LAPORTE, Ind. Police in LaPorte County are investigating the second shooting since January apparently directed at the principal of Michigan City High School. Nine ...

Thread: Authorities Investigate Second Shooting Targeting Indiana School Principal

Authorities Investigate Second Shooting Targeting Indiana School Principal

LAPORTE, Ind. Police in LaPorte County are investigating the second shooting since January apparently directed at the principal of Michigan City High School.

Nine bullets were recovered at Principal Mark Francesconi's rural LaPorte home last week, six of them shot through windows and three shot into the home's brick facade. No one was home at the time.

On Jan. 28, someone shot bullets into Francesconi's office at the high school.

Authorities do not have a suspect, Maj. Gary Broling of the Sheriff's Department said.

Michigan City Area Schools spokeswoman Betsy Kohn said Francesconi is trying to focus on the business of running the school.

"He's asked that we respect his privacy, at least until the investigation gets further along," Kohn said. "No one in the family was home (at the time of the shooting) and were thankful for that."

Kohn said security at the high school has been increased.
    I think this principle has made somebody mad.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

2. Remove Ads

It looks like somebody's not going to graduate this year, probably because they didn't attend school, turn in the required assignments and just couldn't pass the final exams...how could the school be so harsh and cruel this poor student?

All kidding aside, shooting the office and his home up...when no one was inside? Either the shooter is as dumb as a rock, or he's trying to intimidate someone. Even so, if I were Mark Francesconi, I'd be carrying 24/7 and watching my 6.
    The first time you aren't armed and prepared may be the last time you wished you were.

VIP Member
    I'd be curious to know from forum members who live in the area if the principal has cleaned up some nefarious activities in the school in the last few months or years. It sounds like he may have hit someone in their (illegal) pocketbook?

Wherever there's fried chicken or barbecue
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
    I'd be curious to know from forum members who live in the area if the principal has cleaned up some nefarious activities in the school in the last few months or years. It sounds like he may have hit someone in their (illegal) pocketbook?
    I haven't heard anything, but Michigan City is a strange town.
    Pitmaster

HELGA: Where are you going?
    HAGAR: To sign a peace treaty with the King of England.
    HELGA: Then why take all those weapons?
    HAGAR: First we gotta negotiate...

Well he can't carry 24/7 at school now can he. Of course it's a gun free zone so he'll be safe there now won't he?
    "Those who would give up essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety" -Benjamin Franklin-

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Well, they probably shot from the street - maybe should we post the place as a "no bullet" zone, too?

WOW! Just read this post...my son lives in Michigan City...not directly in the town, but in that mailing address. I will have to call him tomorrow. I know that he hates it there and is expecting a move back into MI where he works (actually only a few miles into MI).

It is a concern to me, I will have a granddaughter in school in another year.

The judges HAVE to get tougher on dirtbags that do this type of thing...LIFE w/no parole...PERIOD!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    Well, they probably shot from the street - maybe should we post the place as a "no bullet" zone, too?
    Nah, that wouldn't cover everything. Let's declare it a no-crime zone and fix the problem once and for all. The zone can extend roughly from the edge of Canada to the edge of Mexico. People who violate the regulations of the no-crime zone would be subject to certain punishments...

Links