Police ID young women shot in drive-by

This is a discussion on Police ID young women shot in drive-by within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm going to call this one either gang initiation or mistaken identity where the girls were using a target's vehicle; BY ADAM H. BEASLEY abeasley@MiamiHerald.com ...

Thread: Police ID young women shot in drive-by

I'm going to call this one either gang initiation or mistaken identity where the girls were using a target's vehicle;

BY ADAM H. BEASLEY abeasley@MiamiHerald.com

Two young women whose car was riddled with bullets overnight, leaving both in critical condition, have been identified b Miami-Dade police.

The women -- Oneida Cano, 20, and Marian Zorrilla, 17 -- were airlifted to Jackson Memorial Hospital.

''They are critical but it is believed that they are going to pull through,'' said Detective Mario Rachid, a Miami-Dade police spokesman.

Nine shots were reportedly fired in the Fontainebleu Park neighborhood -- with five hitting one occupant. The other female was hit once in the face. The victims were still in their car when police arrived.

The shooting happened about 2 a.m.

Two women traveling in this black Mazda are in critical condition after unknown shooters riddled the car with bullets in West Miami-Dade on Wednesday night.

The amubush took place at 10155 NW Ninth St. Cir., just north of Fontainebleau Boulevard. It is in Fontainebleau Park, a 1970s high-density subdivision of winding roads dotted by two-, three- and four-story apartment buildings and condos between Northwest 87th and 107th avenues north of Flagler.

Authorities ask anyone with information to contact Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers at (305) 471-TIPS (8477).

Miami Herald reporter David Ovalle contributed to this report.

SoFlo ...... and to think people still walk around unarmed.....

man the next time I go to the keys Iam taking both of my guns

Is SoFlo the new south central LA?
    That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?

http://www.nevadashooters.com

Quote Originally Posted by whyipackmy45 View Post
    Is SoFlo the new south central LA?
    NEW????!!!! Do you think the episodes of Miami Vice were "made-up"......you should have seen it in the 80's...look up the DVD Cocaine Cowboys...a friend of mine (former MDPD Homocide Detective is interviewed in it)

I grew up here....once we got AC, we started seeing the vermin from the north creep in (prior to that, they called us "Crackers" and slow rednecks)

Over the years...we've become a cultural melting pot (or dumping ground)......the gang situation is now divided not only by race, but by Caribbean island, South or Central America...and Mexico.

MS13 is alive and well here.

I've travelled and worked in many of these countries...the crimes we're seeing here have been perpetuated "down south" for decades.

Here's one for the books....a young lady is smuggled in on a "go-fast boat" from CUBA (last month) and lands on Captiva Island...by the "wet foot/dry foot" law, she is processed and set free......LESS THAN TWO WEEKS LATER...she's arrested in a marijuana grow house bust! (Which that is the big deal here now...vacant houses used as hydroponic gorw labs for green bud)

The "Cuban migrant" was working there to pay off her $10,000 debt to her smugglers, who by the way....were CAUGHT!

Without meaning to offend....middle America has NO CLUE about this place....it ain't all Disney and beach!

And what you have in Southern Florida is 'creeping' up to Orlando...

Stay armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Update

I was wrong, just another lover's quarrel.

WEST MIAMI-DADE
    2 held in drive-by shooting
    Two buddies confessed to plotting to kill two young women in West Miami-Dade, police said.

BY DAVID OVALLE
    dovalle@MiamiHerald.com

Two pals face charges they stalked and gravely wounded two young women in a drive-by shooting in Fontainebleau.

Nianthony Martinez, 20, and Angel Emilio Gamez Jr., 21, were charged with attempted first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder.

Neither man has a criminal history. Both described themselves as college students. Both confessed to the murder plot, Miami-Dade police say.

Oneida Cano, 20, and passenger Marian Zorrilla, 17, were wounded Thursday morning when someone in a passing car peppered their black Mazda with gunfire.

Martinez had dated Zorilla, but their relationship had ended. Her new romance was Cano, police said. ''He couldn't accept the fact that she had a new friend,'' said Miami-Dade Detective Mario Rachid, a spokesman.

A call placed to the Miami-Dade CrimeStoppers tip line helped detectives crack the case, police said.

The women were shot about 2 a.m. on the road outside 10155 NW Ninth Street Cir., just north of Fontainebleau Boulevard.

Both women were airlifted to Ryder Trauma Center at Jackson Memorial Hospital.

Shot about five or six times in the stomach, Cano is recovering at Jackson Memorial Hospital. Zorrilla, shot through the left cheek, was released Friday.

Martinez and Gamez had been ''planning [Zorrilla's] demise for awhile,'' according to a Miami-Dade arrest report.

Police said that on Wednesday night into early Thursday, Gamez drove Martinez around as they hunted their prey. Martinez wielded his buddy's 9mm handgun.

They conducted a surveillance on Cano at her job. The pair followed the car but lost it. They found her again on Northwest Ninth Street Circle, along a quiet strip of gated condos, police said.

Martinez confessed to ''putting on latex gloves, a hoodie and loading a 9mm firearm,'' a police report said. He peppered the Mazda with bullets, police said.

Martinez, a Miami Dade College student, is from West Miami-Dade. Gamez, also of West Miami-Dade, lives about three miles from where the women were shot.

Gamez graduated in 2005 from Coral Park Senior High, where he was a member of the Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps and drill team.

He had attended Florida International University, where he had joined the fraternity Sigma Alpha Mu. His frat nickname: ``Squidward.''

But Gamez had dropped his affiliation with the fraternity about a year ago, said FIU senior Danilo Cabrera, the president.

''He's not really an active brother,'' Cabrera said.

Gamez had recently taken a job as a Florida Power & Light customer service rep.

I think that Martinez and Gamez will soon be joining a NEW fraternity...Beta-Beta-Gamma...(for, Be Buba's Girlfriend)...
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; May 10th, 2008 at 06:29 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I knew the 2 shooters

I knew both Angel and Nianthony. We Used to LARP (Live Action Role-Play) together at tropical park. I flipped out when I heard of this. Sometimes you think you know people but the reality is that you don't. Nianthony even had a crush on me and wanted to date me. I have letters he sent me when I was in the military. This world is pretty crazy. You gotta watch out with who you hang out with and talk to.

Sponsored Links